Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pediatric Dentist?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:17 PM
  • 10 Replies

Do you take your children to the pediatric dentist?

Have you always chose a pediatric dentist?

What do you pay out of pocket?

Are they in your insurance network?

Is it worth it?

How often do they go?

Please bump me.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pyrateprincess
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:21 PM

I have been trying to find a dentist for a while now for dd. Its soooo expensive though. Her insurance doesn't cover it. :( I'm in the middle of saving up 300.00 for just 1 frickin' visit.

pyrateprincess
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:21 PM

BUMP!

milrtme80
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:25 PM

I took our kids to a pediatric dentist and they loved it. My DS opened right up and didn't fight at all. My DD had to go back though...she was kind of scared...but it was their first time at the dentist. I was shocked though when they didn't charge me for it...they called it a get to know you appt. She went back the 2nd time and she did great. I didn't even bother taking them to a regular dentist...I would have ended up at the pediatric one anyway.

We have great dental insurance. We didn't get charged anything for our kids appt. They didn't do any x-rays or anything though. So as a "preventative" appt it didn't cost us anything.

lovingwifey
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:32 PM

my kids go to one.

they go every six months

we do not pay out of pocket unless they need something done

but they have been going for a year and they have perfect teeth!

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Do you take your children to the pediatric dentist? No our family dentist Have you always chose a pediatric dentist? No, a good family dentist will not have a problem seeing children. What do you pay out of pocket? I don't know what we pay we have a private insurance so it comes out of our account every month. Are they in your insurance network? Yes Is it worth it? Yes very much so. How often do they go? Twice a year and they are three and four years old

becauseIsaid
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:45 PM

My youngest does see a pedi dentist but only because hes on medicaid and they have to be seen every 6 mths. My oldest sees out family dentist as well as the middle child. We set their appts to be seen when we do. So me and dd together and hubby and ds.  We dont pay anything unless we need work done. We have have insurance through hubbys job.

gingerwife
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Do you take your children to the pediatric dentist? yes

Have you always chose a pediatric dentist? referells from friends and online

What do you pay out of pocket? nothing yet

Are they in your insurance network? yes, Tricare Dental

Is it worth it? absolutely

How often do they go? every 6 months for cleaning starting at age 1

Please bump me. bump!

spunky946
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:55 PM

My 6 year old goes to the ped dentist and has since he was 3 I think.  From memory they like to see them 2 1/2-3.  He has always seen a pedicatric dentist.  They are on our plan and we pay nothing for preventitive care.  That goes for both us and the kids.  He goes every 6 months.  I'll probably take my 2 year old the next time.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:49 PM

What the heck are they doing on the first visit that it costs up to 300.00?

Quoting pyrateprincess:

I have been trying to find a dentist for a while now for dd. Its soooo expensive though. Her insurance doesn't cover it. :( I'm in the middle of saving up 300.00 for just 1 frickin' visit.

LylahBellesMom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:51 PM

just took my 2 1/2 dd to a regular dentist and it was horrible se was histericle so they said we need to take to her to a pediatric one i think we'll wait a couple months and than try, We dont pay anything our insurance covers 100%

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)