Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids and Chores?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:39 PM
  • 7 Replies

How old were your kids when you started giving them chores to do around the house?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:41 PM

All 3 of them started with a simple chore chart at that age, along with an allowance..

party_of_5
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:42 PM

I have had my 3 children doing actual chores for about a yr. They are 5,6 & 9. Their chores consist of seting the table, cleaning the table & help feed the fur babies (dogs & cat) My oldest just recently started taking out the trash. 

ashleetoe
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:43 PM

my ds started real chores at 6, he puts the dishes away and his clothes away..

MommytoKenzie08
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:44 PM

I am asking because I am a fan of wife swap and I see a lot of mom's who let their kids do absolutely nothing! Seriously when they are 13 years old can't they make their own bed? Of course you shouldn't slave them but a few things to do around the house won't kill them.

KellyReedy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Mine have done "chores" since like 4 and 6...now almost 8 and 10.  Gotta teach them young, tho don't make them slaves.  And if it's done incorrectly, show them the correct way, so they don't learn how to do things wrong!

MommytoKenzie08
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:45 PM

I Love your chart!

Quoting SuperPickle:

All 3 of them started with a simple chore chart at that age, along with an allowance..

MommytoKenzie08
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:48 PM

I agree.

Quoting KellyReedy:

Mine have done "chores" since like 4 and 6...now almost 8 and 10.  Gotta teach them young, tho don't make them slaves.  And if it's done incorrectly, show them the correct way, so they don't learn how to do things wrong!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)