Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Uterine Rupture After Csections

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:48 PM
  • 17 Replies

Just wondering how likely it is to happen. Actual articles would be nice.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hippiemamaof2
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:49 PM

do you mean when attempting a vaginal birth after a cesarean, or a uterine rupture becuase of a cesarean?

Sheridonia
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:53 PM

attempting a vaginal birth after a cesarean

hippiemamaof2
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:04 PM

oh link above says less than 1 percent if you're a good candidate

MyraEllen
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Talk to your OB, because every woman is different.  I've had friends who were able to have a VBAC (vaginal birth after csection) but I've had others where their OB thought it would be too risky.

hippiemamaof2
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:11 PM

find a VBAC friendly OB or talk to a midwife.. many OB's claim it's "too risky" when it's not, but cesareans are conveniant and pay better.

good luck hun.

mommaboudreaux
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:14 PM

BUMP!

judybant
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:16 PM

http://www.ynhh.org/healthlink/womens/womens_11_01.html 

of 20,000 women who had a c-section for their first birth, and then went for a VBAC... 91 of them had a uterine tear during their subsequent delivery. That's .004 % less then 1/2 of 1% of subequent births... however... of those that DID have a uterine tear... it was FAR more likely if they were induced, rather than going into spontaneous labor on their own.

ditsyjo
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:24 PM

I don't have statisics but someon mentioned if you are a good candidate. so these are the things they ask me to find out if I was a good candidate were you over weight when you got preg.? have you gained an extreme amout of weight during the pregnancy? Did you have vertical or horizantal insision(vertical are more likely to rupture) on your uterous? why did you have the c-sect ?and has it been at least 2 years since the c-sect?

armywifenmom09
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:30 PM

I tried and failed due to my BP with my son. My kids are 16 months apart and I was in good shape for a VBAC....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)