Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How should I do this? (potty training and going out)

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:17 PM
  • 6 Replies

Okay, we just started potty training today but we have to go to the grocery store. We're using the barebottoms method and it says not to take toddler out until day 2. It says to just put loose pants or shorts on and go out for an hour or so. I'm not sure if I should put him in a pull-up or if I should try to make it through accident free and just keep a change of clothes with us. What do you ladies think?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
epoh
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:19 PM
Try to make it through accident free. Pull ups are glorified diapers. Make sure to take him before you leave the house and as soon as get to the store. Bring a towel just in case.

I personally waited till day 4. I was so nervous!!

Good luck mama :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boobaliscious
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:19 PM

put regular underwear and pants on and take an extra outfit. As soon as you get to the store, go straight to the potty, then do your shopping and go to the potty once more before you check out.

LylahBellesMom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:20 PM

my dd is 2 1/2 and it seems it will never happen, she literally doesnt get the whole potty in te toilet thing

boobaliscious
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:21 PM

I agree, when I put a pullup on my daughter, even now for long trips, she thinks it OK to pee in them because it's a diaper and really, she doesn't feel the gross wetness like when she is wearing panties... I only put pullups on her for very long trips like the 10 hour drive to VA because she falls asleep and she always pees when she is asleep!

Quoting epoh:

Try to make it through accident free. Pull ups are glorified diapers. Make sure to take him before you leave the house and as soon as get to the store. Bring a towel just in case.

I personally waited till day 4. I was so nervous!!

Good luck mama :)

CafeMom Tickers
mysteriousdaze
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Thanks ladies. I am so nervous about taking him out right now, we intended to not leave the house until Thursday but we need milk! I'm also excited about only having to change diapers for one kid!

mysteriousdaze
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:47 PM

I do agree about pull ups being glorified diapers but we have them since we know our son isn't ready for night training yet. He pees a ton in his sleep! So we are only using them at naps and night time. He still takes 3 hour naps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)