Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will someone please give me some advice!!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:24 PM
  • 7 Replies

My daughter is 2 She will be 3 in October. I have started potty training. She will go then she will not. I sit her on the potty ever 20 to 30 minutes. Sometimes she will go sometimes she wont. I CAN NOT get her to poop on the potty. I will ask and ask and sit. She will sit for 5 minutes and no poop as soon as her pull up goes on she poops. I ask her if she pooped and she says no! I have tried sticker charts, treats, bribes and such and no luck!! any advice?????

edit: I bought panties and she peed and pooped in them and didn't care!!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
briansmommy7143
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:26 PM

My son turned 3 in March and I can't get him to do ANYTHING in the potty. I've tried it all too. Very discouraging and frustrating. So no advice, but I'll give you a bump! Good luck!

natural_parenting.png picture by kwright9608

Mommy of 2 Wonderful Boys!

hadcarmom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:28 PM

bump

woodit2u
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Sounds like she may not be ready. I would stop and try again a little down the road. If not, try getting some panties. My son (2.5) was going really good and then just refused, so I stopped trying for about two weeks and he's been doing it fantastic for the past three weeks.

BunBaker
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:41 PM

dont stress over it :) if you get panites, get plain ones...the cutesy character ones can be when she's better at going on the potty (it can be a goal!)

mama02040608
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:45 PM
Look, she won't be in diapers going to kindergarten, lol...all of my potty trained kids were 3 and older when they trained. They were pros when they finally got there...once they were done, it was underpants and no more pull ups like almost overnight. I am a firm believer in them being ready when they are ready.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alt075
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:03 PM

This exactly. I would back off completely for a few months. Don't say anything about it. Then try again when she is older. Potty training doesn't have to be frustrating. If it is then obviously it's not time. Good luck. This to shall pass.

Quoting mama02040608:

Look, she won't be in diapers going to kindergarten, lol...all of my potty trained kids were 3 and older when they trained. They were pros when they finally got there...once they were done, it was underpants and no more pull ups like almost overnight. I am a firm believer in them being ready when they are ready.

ditsyjo
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:29 PM

just be pacent and keep trying potty traing can drive you up the wall. How long have you been working with her the process can take up to 8 months or even longer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)