Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teaching your daughters.......

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:35 PM
  • 33 Replies

.....How to apply makeup. How do you do this? Do you put it on yourself and have them follow along on their own faces? Or do you put it on them and explain as you go? Or do you let them teach themselves? At what age do you start to teach them? At what age do you think is to young? 

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beaugrl0824
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:37 PM

My mother didn't wear a lot of makeup so she set up an class with a mary kay lady that went through the steps with me. I'm glad she did because I probably would have ended up looking like a clown. I think I was about 14 or so.

alwaysmom76
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:37 PM

I think that I'd have her watch me...My DD is 10...I've put makeup on her for dress up/halloween type things.  My mom never taught me, so I don't really have alot of 'skills' lol. 

Ask me how you can earn a few bucks quickly and easily! :)

alwaysmom76
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:38 PM

That's a good idea! :)

Quoting beaugrl0824:

My mother didn't wear a lot of makeup so she set up an class with a mary kay lady that went through the steps with me. I'm glad she did because I probably would have ended up looking like a clown. I think I was about 14 or so.

Ask me how you can earn a few bucks quickly and easily! :)

MeVinceandBaby
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:38 PM

i have no idea when i'll get into all of that with my daughter because she's only 4 1/2, but when i was about 13 my mom had like a "girl's day" with me and my friends and invited a mary kay lady to come out and show us how to apply makeup. she also taught us about skin care, and what colors look good on our skin tone, stuff like that...everything else i learned was through trial and error because my mom didn't wear makeup too often. i'd love to do something similar when my daughter is old enough :)

MeVinceandBaby
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Quoting beaugrl0824:

haha! my mom too! i was just typing the same thing!

Remarkable_Mama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:40 PM

I use bare minerals and got the same for her....it wasn't hard for her to catch on. She always watches me get dressed....hell she knows how to do makeup better than me now! LOL

Mom4-3
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:45 PM

I have two daughters and I didn't really teach them how to put makeup on. My oldest (20) learned when she was dancing, the other girls taught her. They did an awesome job, not only does she know how to do stage makeup but also everyday makeup. Now my 14 year old is a bit different, I had to finally show her how to apply base make up because she was caking it on like she was frosting a cake. But I really like the Mary Kay idea, that would be fun for her birthday party.

MomX04
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:47 PM

My daughter is 13 and she is just starting to get into anything remotely girly.  A few days ago she tried out my mascara and almost immediately came to me asking how do you get this crap off -- yes those words.  I'm thinking she isn't ready yet.  I got it but I barely wear it myself so I don't think she will be big with the makeup either.

excougarmama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:48 PM

I was in 9th grade and my mom took me to Merle Norman. It was alright.

My dd was in 8th grade and I took her to Clinique.

merebri
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:50 PM

I don't have to cross this bridge very soon at all because I don't have any girls but when I was about 14 I started to wear makeup and my sister taught me how to put it on. My mom took her to a Mary Kay lady to learn when she started wearing make up. After a while my sister ended up taking me to the same Mary Kay lady and having her show me ways to put it on too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)