Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I make him see my side?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:43 PM
  • 21 Replies

My DF has never been goof at recognizing my feelings or even really ackowledging them. We just got into a huge fight that has been brewing all day. Apparently I am an idiot because I had him watch our son when he was "sick" although when I was sick he went over to his mums house to show off for his sister and some stupid foreighn exchange student and left sick me with a sick baby. He sent me that in a text today after I got off the phone with him asking what his gparents address is so I can find a nice hotel for us to stay in near them for his b-day. He yelled at me b/c he was in a  bad mood and was watching Liam. He also sent me a text that said fuck you walk and get it yourself, talking about the address. I was so upset to day, and this was all at work, then when I get home he startes chastizing me about picking up ALL my trash (even though it was his stupid friends that came over and trashed the place, the only thing I did was make apple bread, which he told me he wasn't going to eat, that he tried it and it was horrible.

I snapped, ladies. I am sitting here crying, my son playing happily beside me (because he walked out somewhere) Yes, I yelled at him I admit it but I am so tired of his bullshit and his fiucking mom says the same goddamn thing everytime he acts like this "try and work it out You guys love each other" I dont know what to do anymore. I get so upset that I want to beat his stupid face in and at the same time I feel like theres something wrong with me. That I am an awful, hideous ugly person who is an idiot...

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anetrnlov
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Why are you marrying someone who disrespects you?

mommas3cubs
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Quoting anetrnlov:

Why are you marrying someone who disrespects you?

Yep.I would NEVER marry someone like that.

anetrnlov
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Let me also add, if he's like this now...he'll only get worse once you get married....are you willing to live like that for the rest of your life?

twsdlwd
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Ive always been able to ignoe this behavior annnnd he usually apologizes for it, but today hetold me flat out that he didnt feel bad and wouldnt apologize

FooLynRoo
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:49 PM

The issue is not showing him your side, its him understanding he has no right to tear you down because he's upset.

And understanding that you are  parents both of you 24/7 rain or shine sick or well.

If you were at work and he was not - who did he expect to watch your son?

Does he normally goto daycare?

mommas3cubs
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Quoting twsdlwd:

Ive always been able to ignoe this behavior annnnd he usually apologizes for it, but today hetold me flat out that he didnt feel bad and wouldnt apologize

Ignoring it is not going to make it go away.

anetrnlov
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Quoting twsdlwd:

So he's escalating and is not only disrespectful but has no regards for your feelings???

See my first reply...

FooLynRoo
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Quoting anetrnlov:

Let me also add, if he's like this now...he'll only get worse once you get married....are you willing to live like that for the rest of your life?

I dont agree, People can grow up and recognize the harmful habits and behaviour and how they hurt others.

I'm guessing this kid is in his early 20's and was allowed to spout these things off to his parents when upset "I HATE YOU, YOU ARE STUPID" and never shown how hurtful those things are, so he's carrying them over to his relationships.

If someone wants to love you and is willing to GROW UP, they wont necessarily get worse. People do change and people do grow up.

You just have to be willing to.. the question is - is he?

michelle121003
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:54 PM

He's totally disrespectful and needs to grow up.  He's not going to see your side cuz he doesn't want to.

twsdlwd
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:54 PM

NO, if I am at work and so is he I bring him to worlk with me ( i work for my mum) but this is etting really hard becasue he is so active and when S is not working he should take care of him so I can actually get something done...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)