Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

here is my solution to the welfare crisis.

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:00 PM
  • 16 Replies

invetory and audits.  of doctors.  my ob just recently was charged with fraud because he got IUD's from Canada (less cost) and charged medicaid the full American cost for the same IUD. virtually ALL of his patients were medicaid users.  and he pushed the IUD's on women.  he pushed it on me without doing a sound test on my uterus to see if it would fit and i wound up having an ectopic pregnancy, causing MORE medical bills. there are meds and proceedures that are pushed by doctors that aren't necessary JUST so they can charge more. 

doing more audits on doctors would GREATLY reduce this problem.

hera-1-1.gif picture by kbbgmom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CCCs
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:12 PM

nobody has an opinion on this??

klynn80
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:16 PM

I don't know anything about Medicaid, but it's only 1 part of the welfare system, so fixing it wouldn't "solve the crisis".  I'm fairly sure audits are already done, some people just know how to work the system, like your doctor. 

CCCs
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:19 PM

but can you imagine how much money (and i totally understand where you are coming from with the "whole problem") it wouldn't solve everything but my mom was embarrassed to be on welfare.  she didn't have a choice. she wasn't a single woman continously getting pregnant.  my father left her high and dry after my brother was born.  no child support. nothing.  (refering to other welfare post) singleing out single mothers is NOT the solution.  everyone looks at these doctors with respect and awe but they are JUST as much a drain on the system as the abusers on the other end.

Quoting klynn80:

I don't know anything about Medicaid, but it's only 1 part of the welfare system, so fixing it wouldn't "solve the crisis".  I'm fairly sure audits are already done, some people just know how to work the system, like your doctor. 

mandalouwhotn
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:22 PM

I don't think theres that much fraud.  Plus welfare and medicaid are completely different so really theres not a whole lot to comment on.  Also, the cost to audit doctors, the majority of which are doing things right, wouldn;t be a good use of resources. 

SuzyQ007
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Was this in the news? Do you have a link to share?

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone...

CCCs
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:32 PM

let me see if i can find it.

Quoting SuzyQ007:

Was this in the news? Do you have a link to share?

stacey0716
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:35 PM

I know some doctors do that. I had a pedi dentist try to tell my DD needed 8 silver crowns. I knew that was not so. Most of the people in his lobby did not speak english and EVERY child in there had a mouth full of silver. It's sad, these people don't really understand what he is saying, but figure since he is a doctor, he is trustworthy. so they agree to allow their children to be put through hell thinking they are helping him, but all they are doing is being a victim in his medicaid fraud. My mom works for a dentist, so I called her and she looked at my DD's teeth and told me she did not need any crowns. I never went back to that dentist.

CCCs
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:36 PM

here it is and fyi... the dr is a he... not a she.

he has been banned from the hospital he was practicing at and has taken up a practice in a near by city.  i'm trying to find more on it.

CCCs
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:38 PM
CCCs
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:39 PM

it happens WAY more than people think that it does.

Quoting stacey0716:

I know some doctors do that. I had a pedi dentist try to tell my DD needed 8 silver crowns. I knew that was not so. Most of the people in his lobby did not speak english and EVERY child in there had a mouth full of silver. It's sad, these people don't really understand what he is saying, but figure since he is a doctor, he is trustworthy. so they agree to allow their children to be put through hell thinking they are helping him, but all they are doing is being a victim in his medicaid fraud. My mom works for a dentist, so I called her and she looked at my DD's teeth and told me she did not need any crowns. I never went back to that dentist.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)