Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a theory-not mine, just something i read.........

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:15 PM
  • 21 Replies

less intelligent and poverty stricken people have more children than people who have average or above intelligence, more education, and better careers.

and because of it our society in this country is going downhill(higher crime rates, overcrowded prisons, more unproductive people).

do you agree or disagree?  thoughts?

I look at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast offs of human society. I see in their eyes love and hope, fear and anxiety, sadness and betrayal...I am pissed. "God I say, "This is terrible, why don't you do something?" God was silent for a minute, then I heard..."I have done something, I created you."

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
klynn80
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Does the person proclaiming this have facts/sources or just the opinion? 

I come from a family of large families, everyone's expected to go to and graduate college.

christina0607
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:23 PM

I'd like to see where you read this, and what kind of sources they used.

Honestly it just sounds like someone talking out of their ass.

shecallsmemom04
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:29 PM

it came out of a juvenile justice textbook.  there was a whole 200 page chapter donated to just theories. 

i don't personally agree with it, but it kinda made me think a little.   thinking about it and applying it to my own experiences with people, most of the poverty level, uneducated women i know have 4+ children.  and most of the educated, financially stable women i know have 2 or less.  just found it a little thought provoking. 

wondering what everyone else thought.

I look at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast offs of human society. I see in their eyes love and hope, fear and anxiety, sadness and betrayal...I am pissed. "God I say, "This is terrible, why don't you do something?" God was silent for a minute, then I heard..."I have done something, I created you."

klynn80
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:42 PM

my parents = CPA & Corporate VP, 4 kids

my aunt Mary & Uncle Frank, a doctor & a pharmacuetical rep (both retired), 8 kids

my cousin Kasey & her hubby (forgot his name lol), both doctors, 4 kids

I could keep going but you get the idea.

Quoting shecallsmemom04:

it came out of a juvenile justice textbook.  there was a whole 200 page chapter donated to just theories. 

i don't personally agree with it, but it kinda made me think a little.   thinking about it and applying it to my own experiences with people, most of the poverty level, uneducated women i know have 4+ children.  and most of the educated, financially stable women i know have 2 or less.  just found it a little thought provoking. 

MsDean
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Someone watched Idiocracy, lol!

christina0607
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:45 PM

It doesn't apply to my life either. Well I come from a family of 3...but my husband comes from a family of 7 kids and he grew up very wealthy. In fact when I think of the people I know it seems the opposite applies. the people I know who are wealthy have 4 or more kids and the people I know who struggle have 3 or less.

Quoting klynn80:

my parents = CPA & Corporate VP, 4 kids

my aunt Mary & Uncle Frank, a doctor & a pharmacuetical rep (both retired), 8 kids

my cousin Kasey & her hubby (forgot his name lol), both doctors, 4 kids

I could keep going but you get the idea.

Quoting shecallsmemom04:

northtexasmomma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:47 PM

I think this may have been true in the past (like my grand-parent's generation) when BC was harder to come-by for the poor and un-educated BUT I do NOT think this is sooo at all anymore/today.  The people around me today that have larger families may not be wealthy, but they are very well educated (grad degrees and such).

shecallsmemom04
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:48 PM

what's that?

Quoting MsDean:

Someone watched Idiocracy, lol!

tomatoqueen
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:50 PM

I don't think poverty = lack of intelligence.

I am poor. I am college educated. I have 2 children I planned. I have never been in trouble with the law.I have NEVER used an illegal drug of any kind. I had a professional job.

Where do I fit in this theory?

UxorQuodMatris
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Mel! 

Hi :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)