Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick facebook question.

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:13 PM
  • 10 Replies

If you block someone on facebook can they still see your page and what you write on your wall?

I am asking cause my dh and I just found out we are preggo with our 2nd child and I blocked our neice cause she is a total gossiper and ruined everything with our last child by her telling everyone when it was dh and my place to tell them. So we want to tell my family on facebook before my brother gets a chance too and I don't want her to know.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countryspun
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:15 PM

No. You do not exist in Facebookland to someone you have blocked.

kiernansmom08
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Just go under your privacy settings and make sure everything there is set to friends only

925red
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:16 PM
No you will no longer exist on FB to her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meli55aG2001
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:17 PM

As far as I know, they won't be able to.  You can make it so that someone can or can't see certain things.  For example, I used to have some nosy aunts on my list and I controlled what they could and couldn't see.  To minimize the chance of someone else spilling the beans, I just wouldn't say anything at all.  Congrats on your pregnancy!

candy.will
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:19 PM

you just have to set your privacy settings to friends only and congratulations on the baby.

boobaliscious
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:19 PM

nope, they cant even see things you most on mutual friend walls, nothing, to them, your profile is deleted all connections are lost.

Countrygerl
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:20 PM

YAY! THANKS!

Samanthamommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:20 PM

No, but you can go on Facebook under privacy & settings and make it so she cannot comment to what you write. Or make it that she can see your page, but not your status updates. There is a way you can type in a specific name to be able to eliminate things they can see.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Make sure ALL your settings are on private and if you defriend and block her, yes.

shell394
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:22 PM

firstly congrats to you both and secondly no she wont be able to see your page anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)