Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

** UPDATE** about to wake his @$$ up

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:16 PM
  • 22 Replies

My bf and i took his son and my son to the pool today, had a blast. we came back to his house and he passed out. so guess whos babysitting his kid? me.. which is not a problem, i love his son but his son is a very selfish child, and will not share with my kid. my son is only 2 his is 6, my son doesnt understand why his wont share.. to make matters worse, he already had his lights switched over to his new appartment, so there is nothing to do! im aggrivated and about to wake his ass up..

UPDATE: I woke him up, telling him that I needed to get my son home. I wasn't going to leave with his son up and him sleeping.. the kids only 6. I do love his son.. with the day we had I can understand he was exhausted.. but it's not my responsibility, we don't live together, he does have full custody, and I understood that from the begining, but the child has a mother that he see's every other weekend. His father works with him and just about gets him behaving again, when it's visit time again. He goes to his mothers home and has no rules. I understand being with him means accepting his son fully, and I do, but this not sharing is taking it's toll on me.. my son gets cranky, and it's the domino effect, his son gets upset, followed by him and then lastly me. I keep my cool, because I understand that the boys only met a month ago, and need some adjustment time. Whenever they are at my house, my son willingly shares all of his toys. usually when we go over there, I let my son pick out one toy for him to play with and one for my bf's son to play with, and we play board games, cook together etc. We mostly do outtings..

Like today, we decided to go on a road trip to a town about 50 miles east of here to go to a very nice "splash park".. about halfway into the trip.. his tire blows out on the highway, with the boys in the car during lunch rush. He changed the tire, and viola the spare is FLAT. So we drive on the shoulder to the nearest exit and thank god there was a gas station within yelling distance of the exit. To say it wasn't a good area would be an understatement. We had no idea what the area was like, since we had never been this far east..That was an experience..

So then we decide to go on with the trip since we had already gotten this far.. Get to the park and start to get lunch together, and he forgot charcole.. so he ran to Giant Eagle while I got the boys ready to go swimming. Well what they didn't put on the online schedule was that there were swim lessons on Monday's until 1.. so we dealt with the boys being upset.. Should have called but trusted the online schedule.. Fed them, let them play on the playground.. Then went swimming from 1-4.. We met some friends out there, who demanded to watch the boys so we could go for a swim together.. So at 4, we packed up to go home. It was a fun trip . We decided on the trip home that we'd finish it off with Pizza and a drive in movie. So we get the boys home, and I get my son in the tub, and he says he's going to rest his knee ( military related injury acting up again after 13 years). He's on Chantix to quit smoking and had taken a vicodin when we got home (to get him through until the surgery, so I expected him to be tired and offered to call it a day BEFORE he took the vicodin).. So he goes to rest his knee and falls alseep.. So, I decide to let him rest while the vicodin starts to work, because I know he's in pain..finish my sons bath and his son is 6, he bathes himself, so I got his clothes together and ran his bath water.. of course I left the door open so I could hear him..

His son bathed while I got mine dressed, and then the boys and I were pretty bored.. so the fighting started over toys.. His son does not like to share, but he never has had to.. I didn't expect to go there, so I didn't pack my son any toys.. So we went outside to play when I posted this..

I woke him up and told him it was getting too late and that I needed to get my son home in bed.. So when he dropped us off, he apologized and thanked me for letting him rest.. He's calling me later so we can talk.. We are talking about moving in together in January, and we need a plan if things are going to work, with the kids. We are very happy.. the boys haven't adjusted to eachother yet..

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momcat437
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:26 PM

wake him up, I say!!

itsallabtthem84
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Wow, just wow. If you love his kid so much why not help teach him how to act(behave) at your house.

.stella.
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:31 PM
I agree 100%

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

Wow, just wow. If you love his kid so much why not help teach him how to act(behave) at your house.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gaugesmomma1209
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:32 PM

WAKE HIS ASS UP!

Brianav
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:33 PM
I agree.

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:34 PM

wake his ass u!!! now..tell him the child is not Ur,s..

JuJuBee07
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Quoting Brianav:

I agree.

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

Samanthamommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:35 PM

I agree.

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

LovingMyJaybird
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:38 PM
Its not my house! i dont live here, and I dont have any authority over him .he has his mother that he sees every other weekend, and he has his father full time.. if i had the authority i would.. but its not my place im just the girlfriend at this point
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gulfcoastmom4
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Well lets hope you don't plan on marrying him then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)