Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have kids with an ex?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:26 PM
  • 49 Replies

My ex and his gf are having a baby. It will be his second child and her fourth. I have  thought about taking dd to the hospital when the baby is born. She is due next month.

Have you ever taken your child(ren) to see their new sibling in the hospital?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1boy1girlmama
by *Sarcasm Speaks* on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:27 PM

My DH has a 13 yr. old. I'm his stepmom. He came to the hospital to see his sister when I had her. Though my DH brought him b/c he was staying with us. I'm not sure his mom would bring him and I'm not sure I would want her there.

ETA: Depends on your relationship with the ex.

**Formerly Keegansmama05** Loving Mama to Keegan & Annika**bouncing mom

momcat437
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:28 PM

No, fortunately my ex never had anymore kids--that would have been a real nightmare!!

momofnhimai
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:29 PM

No.  i have one child with my husband,

ColieO
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:30 PM
Yes. His now ex wife is due in September. I doubt I will go to the hospital, but I do hope she cares enough to let my son know about his sister.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:32 PM

No.. im very thankful to have all of my kids with my husband. my 1st born was in the room when i was in labor but hubby took him out when it came time for me to push.

babysyoungmom1
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:33 PM

They aren't real siblings and no effort would really be put in

mysticalmalissa
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:35 PM

My middle son was with me untill they rolled me into the operating room, and he was waiting in my room when I got our of recovery.

He was the third family member to hold my youngest, his half brother =)

TheatreMom97
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:36 PM

My ex doesn't have any other kids which is great but if he weren't a douche and he were having another child I would hope that my son would get to know his siblings.  My father had a child when I was 14 and we are closer than full siblings.  Having different mothers has not hindered our relationship.  I don't think of him as my half-brother, just my brother.

1boy1girlmama
by *Sarcasm Speaks* on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:39 PM

WTF? They are too 'real' siblings. 1/2 siblings are still blood. I'm glad my DH's ex doesn't think like you. My SS loves his" not real' little brother and sister.

Quoting babysyoungmom1:

They aren't real siblings and no effort would really be put in

**Formerly Keegansmama05** Loving Mama to Keegan & Annika**bouncing mom

jojolicious220
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:40 PM

nope. I wasnt married long enough to have kids with him. Well, we were but he was in the Army and we never got to see each other since he was stationed in Korea almost the entire time we were marred. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)