Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Separation Anxiety!!!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son is 18 months old and has been home with me since the day he was born. I recently got a job offer to work Thursdays and Fridays but can't take it because the daycare I want him in is currently full. I didnt realize how bad my separation anxiety was until I was actually faced with possibly putting him in daycare! I panicked and I just don't think I can do it!! Is this normal?!?! I mean I cried after doing a tour at the daycare because I couldnt imagine sending him there, even if it was only 2 days a week!! It's ridiculous!! How do I get over it?? Help!!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CamdensMom12
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:23 PM

BUMP

Logansmom2506
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:27 PM

It is normal!  it was so hard for me to do it.  but I know that I need to work and provide.  It will be harder on you than it is on them.  make sure the daycare is everything you want for your child.  Also remember you can call as many times as you want to check on him.  He will adjust fast and love to be social.

CamdensMom12
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:29 PM

BUMP

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:18 PM

hugsHe'll love playing with the other kids.

SnglNaturalMama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:20 PM

It's absolutely normal! Biologically, we are "meant" to be our child's primary caregiver. When we bond with our child(ren), we're supposed to not want to leave them in someone else's care on a regulare basis. It's not easy but if you have to do it, you do. Eventually, you get used to it and you savor the time you have together even more. We can only do our best!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)