Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Women whose husbands

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:30 PM
  • 16 Replies

have Bi-polar disorder please pm me. I have some questions for you..............

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JBDslittlemam08
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:30 PM

I have bipolar disorder

amj616
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:31 PM

bump

amj616
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:32 PM

Can you tell me how it makes you feel? My husband has it and he wont explain to me what hes going threw. He keeps saying I should know and I have no clue......

Just_Bethy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:33 PM

I am a Bipolar sufferer..I recommend the book.."The Bipolar Handbook" by Wes Burgess....It covers everything...Sex...money....friendships....behavior...My hubby really got a lot of understanding from it...and it had Spousal support groups in it...Please PM me if I can help at all..Your job is really hard as a caregiver to a Bipolar person!!!..Love and Light to you!!

Blessed Lammas

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

lostandfound34
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:34 PM

being bi polar is like being on a never neding roller coaster, its got highs and lows and it sucks not being able to get off

Quoting amj616:

Can you tell me how it makes you feel? My husband has it and he wont explain to me what hes going threw. He keeps saying I should know and I have no clue......

amj616
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Quoting lostandfound34:

being bi polar is like being on a never neding roller coaster, its got highs and lows and it sucks not being able to get off

Quoting amj616:

That was gonna be my next question. He will be fine for months then all of a sudden he shuts down and he wont deal with anyone.

JBDslittlemam08
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:45 PM

When I'm not taking my medication I become what is called "manic" I get these uncontrolable urges to clean, dance and be merry then I instantly become depressed and ready to kill myself. Everything makes me cry, it doesn't matter what. I have extreme boughts of sadness. I get uncontrolable rages that no matter who or what pisses me off for NOTHING and I will just scream. I've never been physically violent though. There are times that I feel so guilty that I shake and become anxious that no one will want to be around me anymore because I'm "crazy". I have this overwhelming scene that when people hear that I'm bipolar, that they immediately think I'm crazy.

When I AM on my medication, I'm somewhat emotionless, I cannot cry it's almost impossible. I still get annoyed a little bit but I'm much nicer.

Quoting amj616:

amj616
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Quoting JBDslittlemam08:

When I'm not taking my medication I become what is called "manic" I get these uncontrolable urges to clean, dance and be merry then I instantly become depressed and ready to kill myself. Everything makes me cry, it doesn't matter what. I have extreme boughts of sadness. I get uncontrolable rages that no matter who or what pisses me off for NOTHING and I will just scream. I've never been physically violent though. There are times that I feel so guilty that I shake and become anxious that no one will want to be around me anymore because I'm "crazy". I have this overwhelming scene that when people hear that I'm bipolar, that they immediately think I'm crazy.

When I AM on my medication, I'm somewhat emotionless, I cannot cry it's almost impossible. I still get annoyed a little bit but I'm much nicer.

Quoting amj616:

My husband has such bad moods swings. He will be happy and I swear I blink and he is so pissed and I have no idea why.... He then shuts down and refuses to deal with or talk to anyone..

bikerchickmommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:57 PM

my MIL is bipolar.

i hope your hubby and you get some help so everyone feels better.

JBDslittlemam08
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:57 PM

yup that's what happens with bipolar disorder. Just reassure him you love him, you EMPATHIZE with him and give him some space.

Quoting amj616:

Quoting JBDslittlemam08:

Quoting amj616:

My husband has such bad moods swings. He will be happy and I swear I blink and he is so pissed and I have no idea why.... He then shuts down and refuses to deal with or talk to anyone..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)