Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTF is wrong with me?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:48 PM
  • 35 Replies
I'm not sure why these thoughts pop into my head . . .

I was just thinking how I needed to go downstairs and get laundry. And I had a visual of me carrying DS down with me and dropping him on his head. It's not the first time I've visualized something like this.

The other day I was pushing DD in her stroller and was about to cross the street and I visualized a car flying down the street and hitting the stroller. I've also visualized this many times before.

These are things I'm scared of happening. I hate how I always see them. It doesn't stop me from going about my day, but I just hate how my brain can be so gory.

Am I the only one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barcelonalove
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:50 PM

You're not alone. I really think it is stress related. Maybe you're feeling a little anxious?

Sportbominable
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:51 PM

This sounds like obsessive compulsive disorder. Google it. I'm pretty sure it's one of the symptoms. 

StarsChildren
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Not the only one and I normally take it as a "vision" and try to avoid doing certain things until the "feeling" of that happening passes (normally a few hours).

katiegirl
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:54 PM

No, when Trinity was a baby I would visualize her being dropped on our kitchen floor quite often. Scared me.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:54 PM

How old is your ?  My initial thought was post partum depression if not PSYCHOSIS, you should not be having thoughts like that, stressed or not.  I'm by no means perfect in any way, but I urge you to talk to a professional, like right now. 

With light and love

Redhed101
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:56 PM

I do that all the time! I just try to shake the image out of my head and think of something else.

my2sons2007
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:56 PM

I have the same thing.  I don't carry the kids down the stairs anymore cause I've had the feeling I'll trip and they will go flying.  I am a catastrophic thinker though, you give me ANY situation, and i can think up the way it will go wrong.  Sucks, cause i do it with everything.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Sorry, I just re-read... my dd was pushing me aside at first.  NO, I agree with the others, just stuff you're scared will happen... try to block the thoughts.  Sorry again mama! 

sweetcherry_59
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:59 PM

This post makes me feel better I have those thoughts all the time

It is usually things I am scared of happening to ds

crazymama1008
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:00 PM

omg I thought I was crazy.... :( I guess it is normal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)