Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2month old in a high chair!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:38 PM
  • 17 Replies
So I'm going to be babysitting my god daughter this week but my DH wants to go out to lunch.
Well I told him I am going to have the baby tomorrow and he said "its ok,we can put her in a high chair with pillows around her!" Hahahaha!! I think someone needs parenting classes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ksmama88
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:39 PM

LOL, cant you just bring her in in her car seat carrier?

art.diva
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Some babies sit upright earlier that most.  My daughter was able to sit unassisted at 3 months.

WhiskeyRiver
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:42 PM

If the baby has good head control we do that at the daycare. Put small pillows or rolled up receiving blankets. Not really that bad.

Bekah062205
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:43 PM

oh yes..parenting classes for sure..lol.....but just because you are going to have the baby doesnt mean you cant go out....

Aamy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Use a sling, a Bjorn, a infant carrier ...... Lots of thing you can use and still go out with a infant. We did it all the time. 

canelamami
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:45 PM

egh.... I know someone who sat her 3 week old in a high chair and exersaucer and had blankets stuffed around the baby, with the babies head flopping around. When someone mentioned it, she would say that her baby was fine. I cringe every time she posts pics.

But llike someone else mentioned, can you bring in the infant carrier?

r05373af
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:45 PM

i put my dd in a highchair at 2 mo.  she would scream and scream to be in it.  we only put her in it at dinner time, we put blankets and pillows to keep her up and she did fine.  she would also sit in her walker and swing.  some babies are able to do more than most.  she ate baby food at two mo. because she wasn't getting full.  she would have a bottle 8 oz every hour and the doc said that she is one of the few where milk is just not enough and had me put her on baby food.  proud to say she is 2 years old and is happy and healthy.  so putting a child in a highchair at that is age does not mean the parents need classes.

ChelseasFamily
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Wow.

chais_wifey
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:46 PM
Some restaurants have a stand that you can put the car seat in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bikerchickmommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:47 PM

i thought most resurants have carseat holder (only intended for carseats) or some people just turn the high chair upside and set the carseat in it. caus usually its those wooden ones with the really big bottoms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)