Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O of my post....What did you want to be when you grew up and what are you???

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:44 PM
  • 23 Replies

I remember when I was 5 telling my Mama in the laundry room that I wanted to be in the Army just like her and to have three kids like her including twins!  I wanted to be just like my Mama!

Well I did!  I had my son first and had the twins seconed!  I was also in the Army for 5 years!  I did make higher rank than she did!  (I made it to Sgt)  I am now going to school just like my Mama did!

What about you?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chelebug2
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:46 PM

I used to make my poor little brother sit and write letters, I also taught him how to tie his shoes and read to him. I am now a preschool teacher. He was not surprised when I graduated with a degree in Early Childhood. LOL

ChelseasFamily
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:47 PM

When I was little, I wanted to be a fashion designer. I'd spend hours designing random clothes with sketch paper and colored pencils in my room. Then, in high school I decided I really wanted to go into the medical field. Now, I'm a doctor and I love my job.

Bits08
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:48 PM

I wanted to be all kinds of things.  A chef, then a nurse, then a teacher.  I finally settled on nurse.

ChelseySpelsey
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:48 PM

I always wanted to be either A.) a veterinarian or B.) a paramedic.

I am a Pharmacy Technician. lol

jessigarrett
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:49 PM

i wanted to be a teacher or mechanic but really i wanted to be a mom

well i went to school to become a massage therapist i did that for 2 months and got pregnant with my twins and could work thinkgs happened to where i couldnt go back to work  but it is ok i enjoy being a sahm

dmw23
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:50 PM

I wanted to be a teacher or a chef. I got a degree in Restaurant Mgmt, and now do daycare from my home. I also do baking on the side and one day would love to have a bakery but right now I am loving watching kiddos.

mysticalmalissa
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:50 PM

I wanted to join the circus, but instead settled to be side show worker on the carnival. 

Now I'm a mom and wife. =)

mrsjones2207
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Clair Huxtable lol....Im a SAHM and LUV LUV LUV it!!!

lovingwifey
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:50 PM

oh wow! I could never do that!  I wanted to just be an RN, but I took Human Anatomy last semester and switched majors. lol.  I could not even handle the plastinated limbs.  I would not even touch them. lol  I am not going to school to be a special ed teacher. 

Quoting ChelseasFamily:

When I was little, I wanted to be a fashion designer. I'd spend hours designing random clothes with sketch paper and colored pencils in my room. Then, in high school I decided I really wanted to go into the medical field. Now, I'm a doctor and I love my job.

alotta_fagina
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:52 PM

i was like Olivia and wanted to be an array of things throughout my life. In order: teacher, astronaut, architect, geneticist, and now a nurse. i am halfway to my nursing degree and currently in school to get my cna (hopefully start rn program next fall)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)