Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hair Spray for Tanning?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:00 PM
  • 8 Replies

While I was in the pool with my 12 year old earlier. The convo about tanning came up. She said Aunt P (my brothers wife, her name starts with the letter P) told her that she uses (excuse me if I say this  wrong, not meant to be offensive) black peoples hair spray. I don't know what she meant, I've never heard of it. Anyone else ever heard of this? Is it safe to use as a tanning spray, like using a tanning oil? My dd said Aunt P sprayed it on her also to help her get more tanned? eeekk without even asking me if that was okay. My dd can't use anything with vitamin E in is. My dd tans easily in the sun, unlike my oldest dd. She is fair skinned like me and burns easily.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:02 PM

It is actually a sheen that comes in a pink can and it is oil.

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Oh . I was in the pool at my moms yesterday by myself and saw a pink can of spray on the table by the pool. I wondered what that was. I've never heard of doign that?

Quoting laranadtony:

It is actually a sheen that comes in a pink can and it is oil.

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Yeah,that is what it is.It is like a dollar a can

OneToughMami
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:06 PM

It's called Luster...it's Sheen spray...they make Pink Oil Moisturizer too...it is not hair spray but an oil spray to protect hair.

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Hey I wonder if it would help my legs tan darker. My upper body is tanned while my legs stay white. I don't know why that happens.

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Oh yes, that's what the can looked like.

Quoting OneToughMami:

It's called Luster...it's Sheen spray...they make Pink Oil Moisturizer too...it is not hair spray but an oil spray to protect hair.

OneToughMami
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:11 PM

I use it...it makes my hair so nice and it doesn't dry it out like hair spray. I use a lot of African American hair products since they tend to have more oils in them as opposed to alcohol. I would never use it on my legs lol...I have used hair lotion on my arms once lol

Quoting night.magic:

Quoting OneToughMami:

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:33 AM

Since I have curly dry hair. I might try some of those products to see if they would do better on my hair.

Quoting OneToughMami:

I use it...it makes my hair so nice and it doesn't dry it out like hair spray. I use a lot of African American hair products since they tend to have more oils in them as opposed to alcohol. I would never use it on my legs lol...I have used hair lotion on my arms once lol

Quoting night.magic:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)