Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for anyone who has a VBAC

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:06 PM
  • 8 Replies
My Sister In Law Has Had 2 c sections and she's really wanting to do a VBAC...Is It Possible to do it? She said her dr said no cause it will mess up her insides.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
urLoveisMydrug
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:07 PM
I meant to say for anyone that "has" had a VBAC. I couldn't edit lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
urLoveisMydrug
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:12 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:14 PM
Yes she can :) have her look at ICAN.org (I believe that's the website). Many moms in the birth is normal group have had VBACs and VBA2Cs and even HBA2Cs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aaavasquez
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Bump because I soo want one to but don't know to much about it

pregnancy week by week

epoh
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:15 PM
And totally OT but anytime I see your SN I think, "I like your beard" from that song lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scottysmomma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:17 PM
I wanted too have a vbac but the risk is just not worth it to me...my doc told me that if you have a contraction that is strong you could rupture your uterus and that would cause you to bleed and you and baby could die before they could get you to the ER. So when she told me this I said NO THANK YOU! It just was not worth my life or my babys!!! I had only had 1 c-sec before my 2nd chld so im sure her risk is higher then mine was with 2! Good luck just dont think the risk is worth it to me
epoh
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:26 PM
I'm sorry the website is http://www.ican-online.org/

and just wanted to let you know the chances of uterine rupture during a VBAC are rare. Pitocin is a huge no-no in attempting a VBAC because it increases that risk. Of course, it all varies from mother to mother. I highly suggest looking at thr website, OP, and passing it on to your SIL. Hopefully she can achieve her goal :)

Quoting scottysmomma:

I wanted too have a vbac but the risk is just not worth it to me...my doc told me that if you have a contraction that is strong you could rupture your uterus and that would cause you to bleed and you and baby could die before they could get you to the ER. So when she told me this I said NO THANK YOU! It just was not worth my life or my babys!!! I had only had 1 c-sec before my 2nd chld so im sure her risk is higher then mine was with 2! Good luck just dont think the risk is worth it to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamandBrian943
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:34 PM
I had a c-section with my first (I blame the doc) and my next two were vbac. I didnt have any problems, but there are risks. Maybe get a second opinion to see how high her personal risk is?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)