Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WOW the people you meet in public, Not the way I want my child cared for

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:13 PM
  • 90 Replies

I swear every time I go out I encounter someone that makes me go WOW you are kidding me. 

I saw a lady at the gas station looking preggo, and she said aww cute little boy I will have one soon my c-section date is the 5th.  I told her congrats, do you mind me asking what complication caused the c-section?  "No not at all, I am too hot, so they are doing a c-section 2 weeks before my due date."  I wanted it sooner but the 4th was the soonest they could do it and that is my twins b-day and I couldn't do it then, so the 5th was my only option."

I felt like I should have said something because that just felt so wrong, but I didn't know what to say to her. 

Then she walked outside the gas station back  to her car and as I walk away I saw her pumping gas and smoking.  :(

Then at Joanns I saw a woman with a baby complaining to her mom he was hungry and hadn't nursed in almost 5 hours that they need to go home so she can nurse.  So with her poor baby suckling on her shirt and whaling her mom tells her to go out to the car the lady says NO we have to leave now I can only feed him at home.  Needless to say my bra is soaked in milk I could only imagine what an actual mother's looked like while she was listening to her own baby crying. 

Are there really this many people in the world with parenting views that seem so skewed IMO?  I mean each person does there own thing but some things just seem so awful.  I wonder what I look like to other parents when I take Nick out?  I know my cloth diapers are questioned, but what else do I do that looks outrageous to other parents. 

Things that look crazy to me:

people lugging around infant carriers with babies in them babywearing is way easier. 

babies facing outward in carries, that really bugs me because I know it is bad for them. 

tiny babies in infant carriers being spoon fed baby food.  If they are so tiny they can't sit in a high chair or hold up their own head should they really be eating solids of any sort?  But then I don't know the whole story just doesn't make sense to me. 

really small toddlers riding in child size booster seats, and you can't forget the infant seat in the front seat and facing forward. 

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

I sometimes come off mean/rude, please don't be offended I really am trying to be nice.
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweet.lil.mama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:19 PM

what about a 4 month old spoon feeding himself is that weird LOL...but yea the whole i can only bf at home...uhh wtf that poor lil baby :(

ReachtotheStars
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:30 PM

that isn't so weird I am talking NB's, but if I were her and had that feeling I would have brought a bottle of something with me. 

Quoting sweet.lil.mama:

what about a 4 month old spoon feeding himself is that weird LOL...but yea the whole i can only bf at home...uhh wtf that poor lil baby :(

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

I sometimes come off mean/rude, please don't be offended I really am trying to be nice.
SPOOKYANN
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:32 PM

bump

mom2ljh
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:33 PM

WTH?  She's hot?
And the hungry baby, poor thing.

WhiskeyRiver
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:35 PM

WOW, the people you meet online. Your a tad judgemental huh?

OneToughMami
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:37 PM

hmmm...botchers...but since I'm hot would it be acceptable to walk around in my unders? Because I mean it's become acceptable to have major surgery voluntarily because of heat...

OneToughMami
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Quoting WhiskeyRiver:

She only had me with C-Section lady...everything else took too much nosying...

oboe_chik
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:38 PM
You auctually had the nerve to be so rude as to ask someone what complication caused her csection? Really? Wow. You do understand that women DO choose to have a csection and it IS ok if that's the decision they want to make right? (Baring that u found out she was a twit but u opened ur mouth before she even said anything). Honestly you sound like a judgemental bitch. Maybe you just shouldn't go out in public lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Judgmental to think its wrong to make an infant wait over 5 hours to nurse?  

Quoting WhiskeyRiver:

TxMommyOfBoys
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:41 PM

What  cute little stinker!

Quoting sweet.lil.mama:

*Ashley* SAHM to my 4 handsome boys, wife to my hard working hubby & proud admin to the Cleaning Game Group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)