Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Ever Get Sick Of Hearing..

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:33 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hey Mom! So far I've heard it about a trillion times today. 

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stevensmomma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:36 PM

No I love it when my son calls me in his cute little voice!!

.thickie.thick.
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Harmoni hasnt started that...YET. But if she doesnt want to do something she'll bribe me w/ kisses. Today im cutting her nails (which she hates bc i accidentally cut her finger before) and i grabbed her hand to hold it , and she pushes the clippers away and gets all in my face to give me a kiss , then cuddles w / me and tries to share her milk ... nice try Harmoni , but we're sick of getting dug w/ ur nails. lol

chelleybeans
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:38 PM

No my son is 2 and doesn't call me mom, he doesn't call me anything. He hardly talks. I am sure maybe when they are a teen and won't shut up I assum I could get annoyed, but for now I yearn to hear him call me mom.

KellyMarie105
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Don't get me wrong, I love it when he wants to talk to me (he's 6) but he gets in these moods where it's "Hey Mom! Hey Mom? Hey Mom!!" Have you ever seen that Family Guy episode where Stewie gets attatched to Lois and says"Mom, mom, mom, mom, mommy, mommy, mommy, Lois, Lois, Lois, mom, mom, mom" and she goes "WHAT" and he says Hi and runs off? Yeah, he's in that mood today lol. I love him to pieces but my ears want a small break lol!

That's a cute story about Harmoni! She's such a doll!

pixie_trix
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Not any more really.

That starting petering off around 13..  lol

proudmomma1986
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:05 PM
I love that episode lol

Quoting KellyMarie105:

Don't get me wrong, I love it when he wants to talk to me (he's 6) but he gets in these moods where it's "Hey Mom! Hey Mom? Hey Mom!!" Have you ever seen that Family Guy episode where Stewie gets attatched to Lois and says"Mom, mom, mom, mom, mommy, mommy, mommy, Lois, Lois, Lois, mom, mom, mom" and she goes "WHAT" and he says Hi and runs off? Yeah, he's in that mood today lol. I love him to pieces but my ears want a small break lol!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:08 PM

ha ha oh ya. especially now that i started babysitting 2 kids full time during the week now. a 2 yr old boy and 4 yr old girl. they both call me mommy in addition to my own 7 yr old. i have tried correcting them but they still call my mommy. ha ha i swear every 5 mins its mommy this or mommy that. plus my husband calls me mama too. ha ha its never ending here. i am a mommy i guess.

.thickie.thick.
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Try changing your name. My dad used to do that to me ... lol imagine , little girl running down the mall calling "dad...daddy...father...DON...mr b(last name)...(full name)" and the man just ignoring her lol ... good times.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Only when it's followed by..... Can I?

Used to be when we were at a store my kids would come running up to me and ask me if we could buy something. I'm so used to saying no after I hear Mommy can I, that I even say it to my husband. lol

becca1980
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:59 PM

Quoting KellyMarie105:

haha my 27 year old bro does this to my mom just to agervate her :) he actually downloaded it onto her phone to be used as a ringtone when he called her.

my 2 year old has not figured out that she can agervate me that way yet but it is coming I am sure. She hears her uncle do it all the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)