Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh seriously?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:06 PM
  • 3 Replies

DD has been sleeping in our room for the last 3 nights cause she has been sick.

Well shes better (just has a cough now) and I told DH that when he's done with her teeth and washing her hands to put her in her room *wink wink nudge nudge*

So now she is crying that she wants to sleep with me. Um no. I can't share my bed with my pregnant self, DH and a 3 year old who tosses and turns all flipping night and kicks me in the belly cause DH wont sleep between us.

I've got my mom telling me to "deal with it" and let her sleep here cause she doesnt want to "listen to her cry". Well gee... I don't wanna be kicked all night but thats ok. And frankly.. I don't wanna go to bed yet and if she sleeps here I either have to watch cartoons or go to sleep.

Call me selfish but I want som time with DH before our bed is taken over again by the baby.

Is it really that much to ask for? I love having my daughter sleep with us but I just want her to not cry everytime she goes to bed.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:57 AM

I think it's totally reasonable to have your three-year old sleep in her own bed.  You might need to stay in her room for a bit each night until she settles down, but it will be worth it.

When my twins were three or four, they'd come in our room every night until I finally had enough.  I spent about a week walking them back to their own room . . . it was exhausting, but by the end of the week, they were sleeping in their own room all night again.

Good luck!

readingI have four kids.  I've been married 22 years. My favorite color is purple. I hate coffee. I read a lot. I love to go to movies alone. Hot weather makes me crabby. 

LylahBellesMom
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 2:00 AM

if i was prego i didnt want anyone sleeping  next to me lol.  but my 2 1/2 year old still sleeps with me and wakes up to nurse, but goes right back to sleep.

art.diva
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 2:02 AM

You just have to be firm, gently, and consistent.  We occasionally have that problem with our daughter, and we just have to put her back in her room and try to comfort her until she falls asleep.  After a couple of days, she doesn't even come in our room anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)