Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my son is so mean....

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:16 PM
  • 22 Replies
To my husband, his dad. I don't know why. He's three years old and is so mean to him. Its even starting to hurt my dh. He loves him so much and ds barely has anything to do with him. The other day, for example, dh told ds to pick up his toys. Well, ds looks at my dh and says, "no butthead" and tries to slap him. We don't condone him hitting, however we will pop his leg or his hand if he gets too out of line. That day he didn't, he put him in time out and then made him pick up his toys. That's just one example. Ds is very loving, he loves to give hugs to everyone and kisses, etc. However, he barely goes near my dh, I have to tell him to give daddy love. He loves to play with his daddy, they go fishing, they wrestle, we spend family time together every night, whether it be watching a movie, rolling a ball around, wrestling, reading a book, etc. We work with ds on his abc's and numbers every night, we even have flashcards for him. Ds is a big mama's boy but its because he's with me all day. My dh gives ds his bath almost every night, they spend some quality time together but yet ds is still just so mean to my dh. I'm at my wit's end here with trying to figure out what to do. I'm to the point that I just want to disappear for a day or two and leave them together to try to fix it but I'm not even sure that will work. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do or has anyone been in this situation before?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Newtons06
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:23 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MPWifeJessicia
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:24 PM

I don't have any advice, but I hope it gets better. Here's a bump!

katie-rose22
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:27 PM

I am going through the same thing right now.  My son will be three in October, and he treats my mom that way. She gets really offended sometimes.  He tells her to stay there (at home) and not to touch him or talk to him. He is the nicest boy most of the day, but sometimes he is just so mean. I don't have any advice! lol. Hopefully someone will.

Newtons06
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:36 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tummysmomma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:38 PM

He may just be asserting his new found independance. They go through phases. Good luck but know it is normal!

ccnstanczak
by Save Humanity! on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:49 PM

hmmm, could he see dh as competition for your attention?

Newtons06
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:35 AM
Ive wondered that myself. Ds gets so mad if dh and I hold hands, kiss, hug, show each other any kind of affection or attention. But we both show him how much we love him. I just don't know. And if that is it, then how do I change it? I can't just stop showing my dh attention or affection. We have to have some there for a marriage to last.

Quoting ccnstanczak:

hmmm, could he see dh as competition for your attention?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janel123
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:38 AM

It sounds like some Oedipal complex, which can be very real in some boys. Have your dh spend alone time with him. They need to bondgiving dad heart

ErikaM27
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:41 AM

My ds is mean to me too. I tell him it's not nice. Sometimes he's just upset cause his baby brother gets attention so he acts out. It's ok though we make special time for him. My dh takes our son to the movies alone and they have time together and have fun that way.

Newtons06
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 8:35 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)