Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Congestion :( Please any suggestions

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:26 PM
  • 6 Replies

Over the weekend, My 4 year old, My 19 month old and myself all came down with Something, Fever, Really bad chest congestion and coughing. I called today to make an appointment for the doc but they don't have any available til thursday.. We're gonna wait it out ( Unless it gets to bad) Anyways, Do any of you know anything I can do to help with the chest congestion. I've been doing the cool mist humidifier, vicks, bathroom steam shower, and the clear liquids! But My daughter is getting choked up the congestion is so bad, and I can hardly catch my breath!  Blah, Any tips or suggestions would be wonderfully appreciated.. Thanks :)

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MPWifeJessicia
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:27 PM

You are already doing everything I would suggest. I hope you guys get better soon!

judybant
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:28 PM

where are you putting the vick's? I don't know why, but it works almost better to put it on the bottoms of your feet, and put loose socks on over it. Mucinex for you, don't know about the kids on that one... is mucinex on the lsit of stuff you aren't supposed to give a kid now?

Daynaof3
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Are you breastfeeding at all? A few drops of breast milk in the nose and then using the nasal aspirator works great.

Dylansmommy2006
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Quoting judybant:

where are you putting the vick's? I don't know why, but it works almost better to put it on the bottoms of your feet, and put loose socks on over it. Mucinex for you, don't know about the kids on that one... is mucinex on the lsit of stuff you aren't supposed to give a kid now?

yes, I've been doing Mucinex, and I've been giving my four year old a little benodryl, I'm definitely paranoid about medicine with my kids, but I had to give him SOMETHING.. I haven't gave my 19 month old anything, I wasn't sure if anything was safe for her age.. ?? I haven't tried vicks on the feet lol, I've been using chest but I 'll definitely try it. ANYTHING  to help. thank you

Dylansmommy2006
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Quoting Daynaof3:

Are you breastfeeding at all? A few drops of breast milk in the nose and then using the nasal aspirator works great.

Sad to say no, I tried with both kids, but BOTH of them would not latch on, I suppose it was myfault because obviously I wasn't doing it right. lol

Daynaof3
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Quoting Dylansmommy2006:

Quoting Daynaof3:

Sad to say no, I tried with both kids, but BOTH of them would not latch on, I suppose it was myfault because obviously I wasn't doing it right. lol

Getting good help with breastfeeding can be very hard. Luckily I had a family full of breastfeeders and a wonderful pediatrician too. I still didn't get all the help I could have used, lol. That's why I do what I do now, and I am happy to say that lactation help has come a long way in the past decade!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)