Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friendly Reminder to moms! *Not for drama - but is written by ME*

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:27 PM
  • 19 Replies

Hello Moms.

This is just a friendly reminder that BACK TO SCHOOL shopping is right around the corner. If you dont have kids in school please see the 4th bullet point.

Please take this friendly reminder into consideration.

• If your family runs on a tight budget - start saving up to make the purchase!  Office Max, Office Depot, and Staples are few places that offer discount coupons. And hunt the sales that are about to go on.
  • If you want your kid to have the expensive licensed pens, pencils, folders, etc... go ahead and purchase them if you can, but keep in mind some classrooms pool in the school supplies. Wether you agree with this method or not - consider this. The classroom may not have the funds to purchase such things. So please think about buying something EXTRA to donate to the classroom. I have personally been a witness to classrooms that are only funded about $32 for the ENTIRE YEAR!
  • Please do not be offended if the classroom supply list contains the following: cleaning wipes, hand sanitzier, toilet paper, facial tissue, paper towels - or other dissposable paper goods. This is again for the classroom. Please see underlined bullet point above for reason.
  • LAST BUT NOT LEAST: If you do not have kids that are school aged, and can spare as little as $2 - DON'T HESITATE TO DONATE IT RIGHT AWAY! Next time your at the store pick up some sort of back to school item to donate.  Any school classroom needy or not could use the extra material. If your not totally starving you can spare $2!

* I hope this friendly reminder will cut back on the drama llama posts during School Supply season. Bumping for more to see

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TinaMarie72
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:31 PM

The Dollar Store is my friend when I go shopping for supplies.  It also allows me to get the extra package of pens/pencils or box of tissue to give to the classroom for those unable to get everything they need.  

Kiki_pie1979
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:32 PM

BUMP!

trist22
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:33 PM

I'm already "on it".. kids go back August 5th here in Tennessee!

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:33 PM

AWESOME! clapping

Quoting TinaMarie72:

The Dollar Store is my friend when I go shopping for supplies.  It also allows me to get the extra package of pens/pencils or box of tissue to give to the classroom for those unable to get everything they need.  

BabyinAug08
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Walmart has a ton for cheap right now. I bought a ton to bring to Honduras when I go and they have a drop box in front of the store where you can drop things off. 

Tummysmomma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:34 PM

did you know schoolkidz.com has kits already made for sale cheaper than buying everything seperatly. You put in your school district and school info and buy the kit. Just an option.

isra1986
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Staples has some awesome sales too!
That is where I get all of the stuff we send SS's.

Quoting TinaMarie72:

I am not Palestinian (although I married into the culture). I am human. I
believe in human rights for everyone. Some people may think that this
is not "our" fight, but it is to me, because no matter their religion or cultural background, they are our brothers and sisters in humanity.  I will protest right along side everyone in Palestine. I may not be able to change the world, but I can
die trying.

JAIRATRACI
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:37 PM

I try to buy a few boxes of crayons, bottles of glue and boxes of pencils to donate to the stuff the bus drive here in San Antonio. The supplies go to communities in schools. They have help my son once when he changed schools a month into the school year and the schools had completely different supply lists so I couldn't use anything I had got for the other school.

niehoff9
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:37 PM

I like to stock up on extras like notebooks, crayons, and pencils and then right before the winter break for Christmas I send a box to school with each of my kids for the teacher, the classroom more like it, as their gift.  I know lots of teachers that are always shelling out their money to replenish supplies and this gives a little help without them needing to store it at the begining of the school year.

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:40 PM

I hadnt heard about that one. I'm going to look into it -

BUMP FOR THIS REPLY!

Quoting Tummysmomma:

did you know schoolkidz.com has kits already made for sale cheaper than buying everything seperatly. You put in your school district and school info and buy the kit. Just an option.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)