Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I just want to cry right now..

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:31 AM
  • 25 Replies

I just want to scream!!!!! ugh. I am so mad right now.

Today we got a letter from our landlord saying we are behind in rent since March!!?! WTH? We are not and have NEVER been behind. We have EVERY rent receipt in an envelope saved. I just cannot believe this. She is saying we are behind $5,000!!!! I am just behind.. upset right now. When we saw the letter taped to our door we pulled out all the rent receipts and they are all there.

I just don't even know what to do. I mean really if we were behind since March which is what she claims wouldn't this notice have came ALOT sooner than now? I mean really what landlord is going to let rent go 5 months without even a letter and now all the sudden say something?

AHHHH!!!! I don't even know what we are going to do. Right now my brothers are down from Indiana for a visit (they leave in August) and if for some reason we do get kicked out which I don't think she has ANY reason to kick us out, I don't know what we are going to do. We know NOBODY down here.

I mean if we have all the receipts there isn't anything she can do right? I just don't understand!

by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Liyoness
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:33 AM

Maybe she got the wrong apartment.

Why be upset? You have the receipts, she can't kick you out. And if she does, you can go to arbitration.

LiesLiesLies
by Ruby Member on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:33 AM

If she singed them and the checks cleared your account you are fine. She might have put it on the wrong door.

I wouldn't get so worked up if you did in fact pay. 

But yes...some landlords will let it go that long.

Kaelansmom

If you have the receipts and they are signed by her... I don't think there should be an issue... if she tries to do something .. you can use those receipts to help you out.

luvmyguys
That sounds strange. Maybe it was a mix up in the computers or something! I think if you've got your receipts you should be good!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
theycallmemom4
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:33 AM

How did you pay her? I mean, any other way to prove it aside from the receipts? I think you should be fine, just call in the morning and make sure she has the right person. Could just be a simple mistake.

janel123
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:34 AM

Give her a call. She has the wrong family.

firefly63701
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:34 AM
take thw receipts to her just copies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jodyann2
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:35 AM

um no.. you have proof that you paid. you could take her to court. you have all the nessasary documents. she may be trying to pull a fast one on you.. there is nothing you should be worried about.. you have proof. it has to be a mix up.. or she is trying to pull something..if she tries to say other.. than tell her she can hear from your lawyer.. that should shut her up..

Rhyne
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:35 AM
We got an eviction notice, but it was put on our door by mistake. If you have proof you paid and the checks cleared I would be worried.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ErikaM27
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Don't be upset you have receipts that's your proof! If they messed up that's their fault!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)