Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tips on packing and moving

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:06 AM
  • 9 Replies
So basically we have to pack and move by Thursday and I am stressing out about getting it done. Anyone have any helpful tips? Or motivation?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Use your clothes to wrap your breakables. Saves space, and time.

MPWifeJessicia
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Pack room by room and label your boxes. That will make it easier when you get to the new place. Do not mix stuff from different rooms in one box. Other than that, I don't have any other tips. Good luck with the move!

expectingmomof3
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Well the first thing I did was pick the one room we could do without until we moved and packed it completely...then used it to stack the boxes in as we packed the other rooms. We chose 5 outfits each, bathroom needs, and kitchen must haves then packed up everything else. 1-2 rooms a day and you will get it done!! Remember tape well and sharpie every box :) Hope that helps!!

Kodysmommy928
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Hire a moving company. 

LOL, sorry I have nothing, we just moved a month ago and it was horrible.  So that's my recommendation.

SerenityRose
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Don't move!

Sorry had to! We just moved at the end of November. It sucked! Way to cold out and I was due December 16th!

Organize as you pack, it makes unpacking soooo much easier! Do NOT pack anything you don't really want. Get rid of it! Ummm, moving really sucks and I wish you luck!

exceptalilfish
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:11 AM
Thanks those are good ones! We have a small place only 4 rooms including kitchen and bathroom. But we have so much stuff! Mainly clothes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
exceptalilfish
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:12 AM
Thanks!

Quoting SerenityRose:

Don't move!

Sorry had to! We just moved at the end of November. It sucked! Way to cold out and I was due December 16th!

Organize as you pack, it makes unpacking soooo much easier! Do NOT pack anything you don't really want. Get rid of it! Ummm, moving really sucks and I wish you luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NewMomma1013
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:16 AM

do not label anything as misc. and throw away as much as you can before packing.

cjsix
by faith on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:18 AM

Take three boxes put them in say the living room,go through the whole room and each item goes in a box...1 - taking with us, 2 - give away, 3 - trash(to the curb)....when a box is filled tape it closed mark it with which room and a couple things that are in it (don't write anything valuable)and set it aside depending on what's in it...and start another box.

Take any important papers,etc...with you in your vehicle...you don't want them getting lost.

Learned this from another military wife when hubby was in the army...used it many times...some of the best advice I've ever been given!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)