Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yikes! Tropical Storm Bonnie!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:06 AM
  • 17 Replies

Final advisory on Bonnie (continued)

The remnants of Tropical Depression Bonnie will move into southeastern Louisiana overnight with 4-to-8-foot seas over the spill area, dangerous rip currents and locally heavy 1-to-3-inch rains for parts of the northern Gulf Coast.

The remainder of the tropics, including the rest of the Atlantic as well as the Pacific Ocean, remains quiet with no areas expected to develop in the next couple of days.

Yeah... This just hit us and omg... I saw lightning flash, heard the thunder crack and it just started pouring. We're supposed to get a 3.5 ft increase in water levels at the spillway by us. Yikes. I hope it doesn't get too bad!

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KeaganzMommy07
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:08 AM
I live in south Mississippi do you think we will get any of this? It just started lightening and thundering like crazy! No rain yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamiJ18
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:10 AM
Yikes I hope you and your family stay safe! Will it dissipate before it hits Shreveport?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysteriousdaze
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:14 AM

I don't know if it will dissipate before shreveport but it more than likely will because its on a tropical storm, not a hurricane.  It looked like Mississippi was going to get some of it as well. Let me find a radar link.

KeaganzMommy07
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:15 AM
K thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pochaccotx
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:18 AM

My df is in Venice cleaning up the oil spill and he was one of the few that had to stay in a mobile home there because he is a 1st response person. He says it wasn't that bad there, but he slept for several hours and is asleep again.

luv-u-jmm
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:21 AM

My husband was in Venice working on the spill as well!...They pulled back to Harvey..He was staying on a barge off of the coast..Praying for your DF. Wish he could be there with my hubby!
My husband left to go to Harvey on Saturday morning. They will be going back sometime next week...

Quoting pochaccotx:

My df is in Venice cleaning up the oil spill and he was one of the few that had to stay in a mobile home there because he is a 1st response person. He says it wasn't that bad there, but he slept for several hours and is asleep again.

pochaccotx
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Everyone that was working for his company was sent to New Orleans but he had to stay. We were texting an hour ago and he was making some noodles before going back to sleep lol.

Quoting luv-u-jmm:

My husband was in Venice working on the spill as well!...They pulled back to Harvey..He was staying on a barge off of the coast..Praying for your DF. Wish he could be there with my hubby!
My husband left to go to Harvey on Saturday morning. They will be going back sometime next week...

Quoting pochaccotx:

mysteriousdaze
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Here is a link for a weather update from the weather channel.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/videos/bonnie-limps-ashore-6584

mysteriousdaze
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Well, we're in St. John Parish and its raining pretty hard here. I'm SOOOOO new to all this hurricane/tropical storm stuff because I lived in Dallas and Oklahoma most of my life. Tornados seem a lot less scary to me. I guess it just freaks me out.

pochaccotx
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Thank you. Bad thing is once he is asleep he is out cold no matter what lol

Quoting mysteriousdaze:

Here is a link for a weather update from the weather channel.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/videos/bonnie-limps-ashore-6584

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)