Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me before I totally loose it on my kid

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:44 AM
  • 25 Replies

My dd was potty trained day and night and starting last saturday she's been peeing in her pants like she's never even see a potty.

I think the problem is she holds it and holds it and holds it.

It is disgusting and really starting to piss me off. How do I get her to stop this! Take away all her toys and tv time so she has nothing better to do........... ug I'm sooo angry with her right now I just want to beat the crap out of her. I'm sick of having to clean and smell pee on everything! GRRRRR

PS: I'm not really going to hurt her. I love her very much. Just all the peepee pants smell so bad and I had just gotten done cleaning another one right before I wrote this. I was just a little up set.

The National Breast Cancer Foundation estimates that each year, over 200,000 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer and over 40,000 die. One woman in eight either has or will develop breast cancer in her lifetime. If detected early, the five-year survival rate for breast cancer exceeds 96%. The National Cancer Institute and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recommend that women in their forties and older have mammograms every one to two years. A complete early detection plan also includes regular clinical breast examinations by a trained medical professional. Monthly breast self-exams are suggested in addition.

Have you done your monthly check or bi-yearly mammogram???pink ribbon

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chrystal_A
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:47 AM
HOW OLD IS THIS CHILD?

If it's a young potty trainer, taking things away will get you no where, but rewarding for good behavior will.

Also any changes? Daycare?family? Home?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:48 AM

my daughter started doing this I figured it was because she didn't want to take the time to go to the bathroom so I made her clean up her mess change and sit in time out for 3 minuets. After she realized it took much longer to clean up and have time out she started taking time from her playing to go to the bathroom. Also just to be on the safe side you might want to get her checked for a bladder infection or something

sunfreezeinmi
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Step back! Take a deep breath, and say "I love my child" repeatedly. And if  you honestly feel you are going to hurt your child, get someone else to watch him/her for awhile so you can cool down. Don't do anything you'll regret.

Mommy4000
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Punishing for bathroom accidents will just make it worse and possibly cause her to revert back to completely non potty trained. The best thing you can do is to keep offering positive encouragement. Maybe she needs some reminders throughout the day to try and potty.It's not uncommon for kids to revert back occasionally. You just have to keep reminding her of how great it is that she is a big girl who goes on the potty.

manda14311
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:50 AM
sometimes this can happen after being traumatized. My friends little cousin had that happen. Turns out she was being molested. Not that that's what happened w ur dd, just what came to my mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:51 AM

I just saw that she is only 2 she might just be having a little regression keep reminding her to go and vinegar will help with the pee smell I put it in the washer with my 2 year olds bedding when she has an accident

luvmykaitygrace
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:51 AM

She's almost 3. No changes.

Quoting Chrystal_A:

HOW OLD IS THIS CHILD?

If it's a young potty trainer, taking things away will get you no where, but rewarding for good behavior will.

Also any changes? Daycare?family? Home?

The National Breast Cancer Foundation estimates that each year, over 200,000 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer and over 40,000 die. One woman in eight either has or will develop breast cancer in her lifetime. If detected early, the five-year survival rate for breast cancer exceeds 96%. The National Cancer Institute and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recommend that women in their forties and older have mammograms every one to two years. A complete early detection plan also includes regular clinical breast examinations by a trained medical professional. Monthly breast self-exams are suggested in addition.

Have you done your monthly check or bi-yearly mammogram???pink ribbon

JeanEMc
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:52 AM

No.  Reward accident free days.  I suffered through the same thing with my daughter, who ended up being ADHD.  Yes, she holds it too long, but then she might honestly forget.  Reward the good behavior, though.  What's her favorite appropriate reward for not messing up? 

Try a star chart, with a reward build up.  Every day she does great, she gets a star. and as soon as she collects enough stars she gets...

woodit2u
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Exactly this.

Reminders and rewards/encouragement for going on the potty

Quoting Mommy4000:

Punishing for bathroom accidents will just make it worse and possibly cause her to revert back to completely non potty trained. The best thing you can do is to keep offering positive encouragement. Maybe she needs some reminders throughout the day to try and potty.It's not uncommon for kids to revert back occasionally. You just have to keep reminding her of how great it is that she is a big girl who goes on the potty.

hmommy07
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:53 AM

you're not alone.  just think, hmommy07 is going through the same "shit" (haha) as you are.  don't get mad at her... she's learning and she's a little kid.  i have to tell myself this constantly.  focus on trying to figure out what sparked this.  i know why mine is doing it. she doesn't want to quit doing what she is doing in order to pee in the pot.  now, i get to figure out what the heck i can do to stop her from doing it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)