Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SO proud of myself!!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:45 AM
  • 8 Replies

I can't even explain how good it feels to be driving!!!   My anxiety is slowly starting to get better.  I have suprised myself and actually went on busy roads, over several bridges and on a small section of highway, I have got out of my comfort zone and the feeling is exhilarating!!  I am still nervous at times but it is not near as bad as it used to be.  I can go over 20mph and not have a damn heart attack lol, I actually had to go 65 on the highway and it wasn't as bad as I anticipated it to be.

I went to the cemetary yesterday to tell my grandma about my driving.  I do feel like she is helping me conquer this and I know she is looking out for me.  It makes me sad though, she isn't here to see this.  She wanted me to try and get my permit but I always too scared.  I know she would be so proud of me.  I want to go show her my permit and tell her, "Im doing it grandma, I am driving." and I can't.

My goal is to get my license sometime within the next month, I haven't set an exact date yet though.

I'm just so excited about this, I have been so scared for so long, it feels amazing to be conquering one of my biggest fears!! :)

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MsDean
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Good luck wiht your license! That is great you are overcoming your anxiety. I LOVE driving :)

kylenkodysmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:48 AM
Awesome. Congrats momma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lostandfound34
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:48 AM

YOU ROCK!!!

bibdybobdyboob
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Great job and congratulations!

mommy-of2cuties
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:55 AM

That's Great! I wish I could, I'm 27 and I have never driven a car, But I hoping that maybe by next summer I will be able to over come my fear and drive! =) I may not know you personally but I'm very proud of you! It's a huge deal and I'm sure your grandma is proud too!

good

MPWifeJessicia
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Congrats, Momma!

Just_Bethy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:14 AM

O M Gosh You are AWESOME ..I drove for 1 year and quit...Its been over 18 months since I drove...(I tried once...lol)..I am rigid with fear..You are SO BRAVE!!!!...To break out of that fear and do something you are sacred of...driving..or what ever it might be takes incredible strength!!! an Inspiration!!!

Just_Bethy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:15 AM

I was 39 when I learned to drive!.. You can do this!!!!

Quoting mommy-of2cuties:

That's Great! I wish I could, I'm 27 and I have never driven a car, But I hoping that maybe by next summer I will be able to over come my fear and drive! =) I may not know you personally but I'm very proud of you! It's a huge deal and I'm sure your grandma is proud too!

good

Blessed Lammas

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)