Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

freaken smores!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:14 AM
  • 9 Replies

omg we made smores tonight over our new backyard fire pit.. SO good.. what is your favorite summer time/camping treat?

Tomorrow we are doing roasted bananas.. you take a banana in the peel still  and split it lenghtwise.. but not right through you stuff it with marshmellows and chocolate and then wrap it in tin foil and roast it in the fire until its cooked.. dump it in a bowl and add some icecream.. OMG so freaken good..

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
FostrMom1
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:15 AM

I LOVE smores, but daaamn that banana thing sounds Yummmyy

ChelseySpelsey
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:16 AM
We did s'mores tonight by the lake, yum!!!

I'll have to try the banana thing, sounds GOOD!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiggerabba
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:17 AM

LOL, not just smores, but freaken smores.........I personally don't like melted marshmallows unless they are in rice crispy treats.............wish I had my own fire pit though

acaisha
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:19 AM

it is sooo good.. my other favorite is BBQ'ed strawberry short cake skewers.. you take sponge cake cut into small peices, halved strawberries (or blue berries or banana works too) and make kabobs out of them. I like to drizzle them with maple syrup. Cook them on the BBQ on low heat until the cake is browned and its all warm then dump them off the stick into a bowl with icecream..

acaisha
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:19 AM

Quoting tiggerabba:

LOL, not just smores, but freaken smores.........I personally don't like melted marshmallows unless they are in rice crispy treats.............wish I had my own fire pit though

lol I feel so ill now though they were so sweet LOL

Denecia
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:21 AM
Lol I love smores. My dh bought the stuff to make them after I had been wanting them for a couple of days. Well I made a few for everyone then went upstairs to watch tv. My two year old dd comes up with a marshmellow between two gramcrackers. Lol it was so cute she was very proud of herself. Best part was that she didn't even make a mess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acaisha
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Quoting Denecia:

Lol I love smores. My dh bought the stuff to make them after I had been wanting them for a couple of days. Well I made a few for everyone then went upstairs to watch tv. My two year old dd comes up with a marshmellow between two gramcrackers. Lol it was so cute she was very proud of herself. Best part was that she didn't even make a mess.

aww so cute! I love the danger factor of it.. we laughed because I call marshmellows on a stick the 'napalm of childhood' anyone who has not been burned by flaming molten hot marshmellow has just not lived.

Denecia
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:32 AM
Lol well she didn't roast it thank god lol. Sadly I have never had one before so I guess I have not lived lol

Quoting acaisha:

Quoting Denecia:

aww so cute! I love the danger factor of it.. we laughed because I call marshmellows on a stick the 'napalm of childhood' anyone who has not been burned by flaming molten hot marshmellow has just not lived.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acaisha
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:33 AM

lol I mean the burning marshmellow part.. its like a right of childhood

Quoting Denecia:

Lol well she didn't roast it thank god lol. Sadly I have never had one before so I guess I have not lived lol

Quoting acaisha:

Quoting Denecia:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)