Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my ex and husband...fun stuff!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:25 AM
  • 9 Replies

I was married at 19. It didn't work out, but I remained friends with my ex and he is the father of my 13 yo. He is a little bit what I like to call dramatic. My husband is also in a total different way dramatic. They are BOTH driving me nuts.

So, I live in Portland Oregon and my Ex is in Seattle WA. It's about a 3 hour drive, so I usually go pick my son up halfway or all the way in some cases. This time, we are going to meet half way. I have texted, called, left a message on facebook and he STILL hasn't answered me back. I just want to firm up a time, because the last time we left it open.

Originally, I had no plans on taking my husband with me on the drive, because I like doing it alone. The reason is, that if my ex does something dramatic (like is really late) it's just me, and my husband is nto there to be annoying about it. While it annoys me as well, I am a LOT more laid back. Well, husband decides he wants to go,  and LOVES to micro manage everything. I can already tell by my ex not messaging me back that there will be fun drama. Now, I get to sit here and wait for him to contact me. It's 10:30 for goodness sake, and I have no idea what time to leave in the AM.

He has done things like this before, and either had a "car malfunction" or had to take so and so to the ER...and couldn't make it til midnight...you get the point. UGH these men!!!

Anyway, totally venting. Do you have drama between your ex & hubs?

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
dreamn
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:42 AM
This is not "Drama". He's playing you like a fiddle. This is a total lack of respect. You need to lay down some ground rules. I would start with setting a SPECIFIC meeting time for pick-up.You must keep in mind your son is taking all this in. He is learning it's okay not to be responsible.
anarmyslove
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:45 AM

I would be tellin him that he will either meet you at a certain time or he will have to bring him all the way to you and be at your house with him at a certain time.

dannysgirl77
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:42 AM

not only was he 45 minutes late, he left 95% of my sons clothing at his house. LOVELY!!!

dannysgirl77
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:43 AM

oh, I know. I just thought it would be easier if I just went with the flow, instead of being angry all the time. KWIM?

This is the final straw thought, I can't even take it.

Quoting dreamn:

This is not "Drama". He's playing you like a fiddle. This is a total lack of respect. You need to lay down some ground rules. I would start with setting a SPECIFIC meeting time for pick-up.You must keep in mind your son is taking all this in. He is learning it's okay not to be responsible.

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:47 AM

If you will look in your dictionary there is a picture of my ex right next to the word drama. My husband stays out of it but my ex puts all women to shame.

shortysashious2
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:56 AM

My ex does this crap.  He'll leave the clothes I buy her at his house and leave me with the ones he bought...while I like the fact she is still wearing clothes..I can't keep track of the clothes I have bought her and won't know if I'll ever see them again as long as they are at his house.  He's always so dramatic and anytime I sit on the phone long enough he'll start talking about girls he's dating or crap like that. It gets old, I've actually hung up on him and texted him that my phone didn't have good service.  Lol.  Just want the convo to be about DD and nothing else.

Quoting dannysgirl77:

not only was he 45 minutes late, he left 95% of my sons clothing at his house. LOVELY!!!

dannysgirl77
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 1:08 AM

oh wow, that's not good.

yeah, I texted him to look for his things, and that I would need him to send them, because I sent him with ALL of his summer shorts. he doesn't have many, only about three pairs, and he came back wearing one. AWESOME! Not a single sock came back, he was wearing HIS socks. his underwear, there may have been two pair in the bag, and those were the crappy ones. I purposly sent mostly the crappier ones thinking he would do this, and I was right. Then he continues to mention how he is coming up in August. Okay, he just had him for a month and a half, I only have him for August and I have to cram all of our summer activities into the weekends, and he is going to try and get MORE of my time?? Serioulsly, what is he thinking. I work REALLY hard on getting up to speed on his school work, because I do not want him to regress during the summer.  He is already having a tough time, Dadd doesn't even make him read a book...not one freaking book. I have to explain to him each time that he needs to be reading to keep his reading up to par, and he says every time "I didn't know, next time tell me" WTF???

Quoting shortysashious2:

My ex does this crap.  He'll leave the clothes I buy her at his house and leave me with the ones he bought...while I like the fact she is still wearing clothes..I can't keep track of the clothes I have bought her and won't know if I'll ever see them again as long as they are at his house.  He's always so dramatic and anytime I sit on the phone long enough he'll start talking about girls he's dating or crap like that. It gets old, I've actually hung up on him and texted him that my phone didn't have good service.  Lol.  Just want the convo to be about DD and nothing else.

Quoting dannysgirl77:

dannysgirl77
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 1:10 AM

yep, he;s there alright!

My husband stays out of it with him, but he bitches to me. I am SO stuck in the middle it's not even funny. I mean shoot, if you are going to be late, at least get the freaking clothes packed right. I even tspoke to him at 8:45 about 20 minutes tiil we left and he still managed to be late. He is so ridiculous.

Quoting sherry132:

If you will look in your dictionary there is a picture of my ex right next to the word drama. My husband stays out of it but my ex puts all women to shame.

dannysgirl77
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 1:12 AM

yeah, I told him today that this would be the last time we would drive halfway. I am just not doing it anymore. He has no respect for my  time, and lies about everything. There is always someone in the hospitol, traffic for MILES, broken down cars, dead animals...you name it.

Quoting anarmyslove:

I would be tellin him that he will either meet you at a certain time or he will have to bring him all the way to you and be at your house with him at a certain time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)