Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some help....(No bashing)

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:28 AM
  • 7 Replies
My old roommates dog brought fleas into our home. I have 2 dogs of my own n have NEVER had fleas. Anyways, does any know any home remidies to get rid of fleas. I have NO money. I've been outta work for 6 months. Please please help me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MamaCarterof5
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:30 AM

Go buy a big thing of morton salt. Sprinkle it on the carpet. Wait 15 minutes- then run your sweeper really well. Viola!

MamaCarterof5
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:33 AM

.... I forgot to mention, make sure you wash all your bedding- ya know, the normal stuff. Sprinkling salt and sweeping it up a couple times a day for 2 days should pretty much take care of it completely. Our vet has had this remedy up on her bulletin board forever and apparently it works really well. (plus its wayyyyyy safer than other solutions)

dreamerinluv
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Get rid of fleas on yor PET or your Home??? 

If on your pet Dollar tree has Flea shampoo AND Flea drops......safe for your pet.......................If for your home the only thing I can suggest is Flea bombs.....never tried them myself but have heard they work ..............

~~ Lady GaGa

Dreamer313
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:36 AM
Thank you soo much. Does it matter how I wash the clothes and bedding? My washer only washes on cold!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaCarterof5
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:50 AM

You can buy a large gallon of white vinegar for like $2 at the dollar store. Use 1 cup of it in your normal wash through one wash cycle. Then leave the clothes in and wash again with your normal detergent (or else you are gonna have some funky smelling clothes.) Lol  

For future reference, distilled white vinegar is overall amazing cleaning product you should always keep in your house. It helps get old stains out, makes your colors brighter and even remove the must or mold that may form on your clothes if you leave them in your washer overnight by accident.

Check out Vingertips.com sometime. You will be amazed how much money you can save yourself by using vinegar around the house. 

Quoting Dreamer313:

Thank you soo much. Does it matter how I wash the clothes and bedding? My washer only washes on cold!

Photobucket

Dreamer313
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:12 AM
Thank you so much! Your a life saver. One last question, when cleaning up the salt, do I vaccum it up or sweep it up? You said something about a sweeper and I got confused. lol

Quoting MamaCarterof5:

You can buy a large gallon of white vinegar for like $2 at the dollar store. Use 1 cup of it in your normal wash through one wash cycle. Then leave the clothes in and wash again with your normal detergent (or else you are gonna have some funky smelling clothes.) Lol  

For future reference, distilled white vinegar is overall amazing cleaning product you should always keep in your house. It helps get old stains out, makes your colors brighter and even remove the must or mold that may form on your clothes if you leave them in your washer overnight by accident.

Check out Vingertips.com sometime. You will be amazed how much money you can save yourself by using vinegar around the house. 

Quoting Dreamer313:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itzjustbabyfat
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:16 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)