Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worried..Hubby may not be getting on board...

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:48 AM
  • 35 Replies

I had a fluke miscarriage and pregnancy a week ago..Tubes have been tied, cut and burned but we still got pregnant..We were so excited but then so bummed when we lost it. Well, it looks as if the right tube has grown back together and we may have a chance at getting pregnant. Now DH is not sure that he wants another one. ALL I want is another baby! I think about it constantly!!! We have three kids now, but are doing great. Four would be a blessing. :o( I am scared that he will say NO. Ugh!  He was soooo happy about this last pregnancy.

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MKSmom09
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:49 AM

Just talk to him, chances are if he was that excited about your last pregnancy, and he knows how much you want one, he may decided that's what he wants too.

MaeHamMomma
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:50 AM

Both of you are adjusting to a lot of things right now. I am sure he is just confused and possibly still grieving for the baby you just lost.

Relax, take your time and allowing your heart and body to heal. It will happen if it is meant to. 

*hugs*

MPWifeJessicia
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:51 AM

Maybe he is just scared right now because of the recent loss. I'm not sure, but hugs to you!

klynn80
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:51 AM

If you just lost a baby last week, I wouldn't expect him to be on board 100% at this point.  I know it took me months to want to try again after I lost mine.  My husband was like you, he wanted to try again as soon as the doc cleared me.

luv-u-jmm
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:53 AM

You know, he just really hasn't opened up since the miscarriage..I finally asked him tonight (over the phone he is on business) what he would wnat. Same answer.."I'm not sure" I am giving it a year until we start really trying, but he says that he isn't sure that he wants another child. My gut tells me that this will drag on until we just don't have another. I don't want to keep bringing it up because he will quickly get tired of it. This is supposed to be exciting! :o(  My fingers are crossed!

Quoting MKSmom09:

Just talk to him, chances are if he was that excited about your last pregnancy, and he knows how much you want one, he may decided that's what he wants too.

luv-u-jmm
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:56 AM

You are right..I am just scared that he will say NO MORE! We were supposed to be done, but this happened. I can't blame him for being scared, but I can't stand not being able to prepare one way or the other. I am very impatient! My thing is that if he does not want anymore, I need to know.....I don't need to be thinking about crib sets and four children if it isn't going to happen.

Quoting MaeHamMomma:

Both of you are adjusting to a lot of things right now. I am sure he is just confused and possibly still grieving for the baby you just lost.

Relax, take your time and allowing your heart and body to heal. It will happen if it is meant to. 

*hugs*

MaeHamMomma
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:59 AM

I know how you feel. I knew that I wanted another child while I was still PG with my 3rd. But my husband was not so sure. He would not even talk about it! It took my husband almost 2 years to agree to think about it. Then he one day said ok. I Got PG with #4 that night.

Quoting luv-u-jmm:

You are right..I am just scared that he will say NO MORE! We were supposed to be done, but this happened. I can't blame him for being scared, but I can't stand not being able to prepare one way or the other. I am very impatient! My thing is that if he does not want anymore, I need to know.....I don't need to be thinking about crib sets and four children if it isn't going to happen.

Quoting MaeHamMomma:

*hugs*

luv-u-jmm
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:01 AM

How in the world did you make it 2 years? I would be livid by then..LOL! So happy for you! We could easily support four and I would LOVE to have another baby! Our kids are awesome and I love just watching them interact. Four would be even better!

Quoting MaeHamMomma:

I know how you feel. I knew that I wanted another child while I was still PG with my 3rd. But my husband was not so sure. He would not even talk about it! It took my husband almost 2 years to agree to think about it. Then he one day said ok. I Got PG with #4 that night.

Quoting luv-u-jmm:

Quoting MaeHamMomma:

*hugs*

luv-u-jmm
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:08 AM

BUMP!

Rockabilly_ma13
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:12 AM

well Talking isn't my best thing and when i think i might get my way i get a bit bitchy and turn really mean... which normally means im gonna win.. he doesn't want more kids i do we have 1 8 yr old son I want my girl. So when he tells me NO.. I just very nicely remind him... that really i don't need him to get pregnant and if i really want too I can do it by myself.... after that he goes Ok honey... and that is the end of the fight for the month...Yes im a bitch. No i don't know why he stays with me but he does....Im sure in the end i will end up winnning this on going battle...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)