Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be upset?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:55 AM
  • 11 Replies

Ok I want to know if I am just being a bitch.......I had emergency surgery Thursday night. Went in to a doctors appointment thinking it was my appendix *showed all signs except fever* had CT scan done at about 6pm. Was told I had to wait for results. Next thing I know doc is there to see CT scan in person and they told me they called in not 1 but 2 surgeons. They rushed me into the ER and told me they were prepping me. Prepping me for what?!?!?! They said i had to go into surgery NOW. I barely got time to call DH and tell him b/4 I was taken back. Ok so I had my appendix removed (they were fine but they took them out just to be safe) and also had a large amount of blood removed from my abdomen. Got home yesterday. Sore, in lots of pain etc. So what does my DH do? He tells me he's going out tonight! I am not allowed to lift more than 10 lbs so no picking up our toddler and of course the second he leaves she wakes up, crabby wants picked up. I'm upset he went out but of course he sees no problem with it. Am I being unreasonable?

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
klynn80
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:57 AM

no you're not, what a dick.

Samanthamommy

I think your husband going out in extreamly insensitive and I would be PISSED. So, no you aren't being unreasonable.

MamaCarterof5

In my opinion you most certainly are NOT being unreasonable- your husband made a big mistake going out tonight. I would make sure you tell him what a friggin' thoughtless selfish thing to do. Dang... I'm sorry. *big hugs* Douchetastic move on DH's part. 

Photobucket

tania1826
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:00 AM

I agree with all the above post!!!! What an ASS!!!!

proudmomma1986
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:00 AM

umm...you definitely are not a bitch for being pissed...my husband waits on my hand and foot if I'm even just sick let alone after surgery and vice versa if it's him

bluelola
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:01 AM

Wow!  Nice guy.....   I can't believe he would go out and NO, you are not being unreasonable.

FL2AK
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:02 AM

I am so sorry!  I could not even imagine my husband doing that to me.  I would be livid! 

jennmom1

oh wow! i would be calling him and telling him to bring his ass home now! that isn't just selfish, but, dangerous. You could tear something and wind back up in the hospital...WTF?

Alison_C

Yeah, I'd be pissed.

PradaBaby

Usually he is very good about helping me. This is far from my first surgery. But not today. His friend is here from out of town and that was his reasoning but it's not like he never sees this friend the guy only lives an hour away. I can't pick up our youngest, I can't drive, hell I'm doing good walking myself to the bathroom thanks to my 3 incisions. He did let me sleep in today and take a nap which was nice but he could have picked another night to go out.!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)