Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How the FUNK? *edit*

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:22 AM
  • 22 Replies

Seriously, I am in a deep funk that is venturing dangerously toward depression. I can't go outside. It's too hot and I will have an instant seizure. I wish I could get a job, but the daycare would cost more than I would make and no one is hiring. I have been looking for months. I have more and more people telling me what I'm doing wrong. I've been gaining weight because all I do is sit around and emotional eat. I just have no motivation whatsoever. It's like pulling teeth to get me to even do the laundry! I don't have insurance to get anti depressants or whatever. Somethings got to give. I feel like I've given up already.

I guess I'm wondering if you have felt this way and how you got out of it.

Oh, and please don't insult me. I'm down enough.

This is me right now (I express myself better through music...yes, I'm lame):

जय गुरु देव ॐ
 स्वप्नान्द्रष्टुमुत्सहस्व

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaeHamMomma
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:23 AM

BUMP!

amee8605
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:25 AM
Hmmm. I did. Until I got put on meds. Then I got better til I quit them. I'm pretty good now, but it's mostly a show. I feel the exact same way as you..... Chin up mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:34 AM

BUMP!

lilywitch
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:34 AM

I've never found a medication that actually works on me. They either make me worse or make me all high and loony. I have to learn to do this without pills though. I just don't know where to start.

burch731
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:36 AM

Have you tried any herbal vitamins such as St. John's Wart?  It is a natural herb tht is supposed to help with moods & depression.  That and start taking a woman's multi-vitamin to make sure your body is getting what it needs to work properly.  And even though it's hot try to get out in the sun to get some good old vitamin D each day ~ the sunlight is proven to help depression. 

lilywitch
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:38 AM

The St John's I have says I have to take something like 6 a day. I forget all the time! I do take a multi vitamin though.

lilywitch
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:41 AM

Oh, and I've been smoking a pack a day! Way high for me. I think I'm too young for a midlife crisis, unless I'm only going to live to 56!

Avasmom326
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:43 AM

Well, in my area we have a mental health facility that is based on income.. maybe you could try something like that? or just call around to see? it wouldn't hurt... if you haven't already that is.  Also, you could maybe join the depression support group on CM.

It took me close to a year to find the right meds and dosage to really help my depression/anxiety. I'm sorry that you are feeling this way though, if you ever want someone to talk to I am here :)  Zoloft has help me soooo much. I know some people are against anti depressants and say they want to deal with it on their own, but honestly, if it weren't for the Zoloft I take every day I would be a nervous wreck all the time.  I feel you on the daycare situation also. 

lilywitch
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:55 AM

Bump for song

lilywitch
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:02 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)