Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on DH for the ladies who were interested in his terrible tattoo, lol! *PICS!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:54 AM
  • 18 Replies

A little while ago I had got to talking with a few ladies about my DH's tattoos.. I think it was a sexy hubby post. lol, anyways, he has tattoos on like 80% of his body. They are all really terrible "jail" tattoos done with a homemade gun and they are all incredibly inappropriate. (He was 11-13 when almost all of them were done, including the one being covered)

He wants the one covered up SO badly and we had gotten a quote to have it covered for 3000$+ so that idea seemed pretty out of reach. The ladies I was talking to told me to update if he got it done, and we happened to find a little shop by our house where the artist told us he could easily do it for less than half of the other quote. Well DH had his first session today to start covering up his arm and I wanted to show it off! It was a 5 1/2 hour session and 150$ so we were thrilled!

Anyways, the old tattoo was 2 VERY badly drawn fists holding up middle fingers and attached with handcuffs. It said "Fuck The World" Underneath that, his entire forearm is random things that he did on himself. The forearm is being started next on August 7th. The idea for the sleeve is a phoenix (bird of change) rising from the ashes. DH has overcome some amazing things and changed his life completely. He was a meth addict and meth dealer in a gang and on house arrest when I met him. He is now coming up on 3 years clean in October and is one of the most incredible people I know. There will be feathers floating throughout the tattoo with important dates on them such as our wedding date, DD's birthday and his sobriety date.

BEFORE:

And after today's session:

Pregnancy%20ticker

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MikaylasMom623
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:58 AM

I'm sure it will look very nice when finished! Looks good so far! I love tattoos, I have 3!

supermama322
by Made in Canada on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:01 AM

It has a LOT to go! The phoenix itself is only about a third done. The scales and feathers still need to be finished, the smoke needs to be filled in to cover more of the old stuff, the beak etc, then the tail which is huge.

I love them too but have none yet, DH has enough for both of us I think. His neck (both sides), his back, both biceps, sleeves on both forearms, knuckles, chest, stomach, hips and his shins are done. lol, half of them he did himself.

Quoting MikaylasMom623:

I'm sure it will look very nice when finished! Looks good so far! I love tattoos, I have 3!

CeeLee85
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:01 AM

that's gonna be great when it's done i can't wait to see it!

nellbug
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:04 AM

The artist did a wonderful job on his tattoo.  You got a great deal on it too.  Congrats on him being three years sober and turning his life around.  What an inspirational story.

supermama322
by Made in Canada on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:07 AM

I totally agree, DH told him what he wanted and the artist drew it freehand. He is very talented, cover-ups are so tricky because they have to work with the old lines.

Thank you so much for the kind words, I passed that along, it always means a lot to him to hear. We both have a wonderful story and have come such a long way!

Quoting nellbug:

The artist did a wonderful job on his tattoo.  You got a great deal on it too.  Congrats on him being three years sober and turning his life around.  What an inspirational story.

monkeysmom21006
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:08 AM

It already looks really good and I LOVE the idea. And it's awesome you found someone who will cover it for so much less. I have 2 tattoos...They're totally addicting. I plan on getting the ones I have added on to and then I'll eventually get more as I see fit. I'm not one to just tattoo something that a may or may not like in 10 years. That's why I love tattoos with great meaning (like your DH's phoenix).

daiseymae2
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:08 AM
Wow! It will look great when it's done!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilywitch
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:10 AM

Amazing story and beautiful artwork!

supermama322
by Made in Canada on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:44 AM

Thanks ladies!!

sweetsar
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:10 AM

Awesome. I like the idea of feathers floating around with special dates in them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)