Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For mom's with little boys...

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:16 AM
  • 388 Replies

Poll

Question: Did you circumcise your child?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 624

View Results

Did you circumcise your boy?

Why did you circumcise your little boy?

The National Breast Cancer Foundation estimates that each year, over 200,000 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer and over 40,000 die. One woman in eight either has or will develop breast cancer in her lifetime. If detected early, the five-year survival rate for breast cancer exceeds 96%. The National Cancer Institute and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recommend that women in their forties and older have mammograms every one to two years. A complete early detection plan also includes regular clinical breast examinations by a trained medical professional. Monthly breast self-exams are suggested in addition.

Have you done your monthly check or bi-yearly mammogram???pink ribbon

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaCarterof5
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:18 AM

Because my husband adamantly wanted his sons circumcised. I didn't argue with him because it was something he felt firmly about. 

amberbrianne
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:19 AM

Yes I did because my husband is uncircumsised and was has always been self consious about it and I didn't want my son to feel that way, I wanted to be just like most other boys. Also it is easier to keep himself clean.

Newtons06
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:20 AM
Can't vote. But yes. We had to, he had problems with his boy parts and had to have 3 surgeries to correct them and they used the foreskin to do corrective surgery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comommy00
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:20 AM
My oldest cause the male figures in his life are and i didn't want him to think he was different. (his dad is not around). My youngest cause his dad felt firmly about it so i did. plus my oldest one was also
sondamom0828
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:21 AM

I wanted my son circumsised, but since he had hypospadius (where the opening was off to the side) and a "micropenis" (he took after his daddy) they wouldn't do it.

serjil
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:21 AM

I did because it's easier to keep clean, especially when they are growing up and you can't clean it any more but they don't do a good job. No smegma here.

luvmyaustin
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:23 AM

YES!! both our kiddos are. its a choice every parent has to make when having a boy we chose to circumcise because it was a right decision for us and no offence to the intact families.

rockinmomnwife
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:23 AM

No, I did not. I think my son should have a choice in whether or not he wants  cosmetic surgery because that would have been the only reason. I have done the research and there is no medical reason for it and none of the doctors or nurses recommended it when we were at the hospital (for 6 days).

jeniemarie
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:24 AM
cant vote im mobile but no we couldnt afford it and our state medical wont cover it unless its a medical issue. I wanted to though because my grandfather had to have an operation and had to have a catheter place and the scaring from years of pulling it back caused issues that and i personaly think its cleaner plus DH is and his older son who isnt feels weird about being differnt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockinmomnwife
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:24 AM

Oh and I did not want to take away some of his sensitiity either.
I do think it is up to the parent-but for me, I thought it should be up to my son!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)