Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

increasing breastmilk supply

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:22 AM
  • 8 Replies
I had planned on breastfeeding until my son was 6-7 months old. He's 7 weeks now. My production has dropped a ton. There was a stuiation last week where my oldest sons dad ran off with him and wouldn't give him back. So I was soo busy on the phone and meeting with attorneys that I just gave formula. I did make it a point to pump once or twice a day just to keep milk in there. Does anyone know how to get production back up? Can I even do that? I just hate formula I want to go back to fully breastfeeding
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:21 PM

((HUGS)) on what you've been through. I think if you increase your fluids and pump more, it'll help?

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Increase fluids, and nurse, nurse, nurse. I was away from my son for 3 days 2 weeks ago, and when I got home I was pretty empty. I just kept latching him on, and I am back to normal now, pumping 5 oz at a time too.

MixedCooke
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 4:40 AM

FENUGREEK

.sp4rkl3z.
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 4:42 AM
throw away all temptation...or put them somewhere you don't have access to. nurse nurse nurse and nurse some more. drink tons of water and nurse. that is the single most effective way. every drop of formula is less breastmilk your body will produce.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aih522wps63
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 6:14 PM
I've tried feenugreek with no luck...and I think my son has had to much formula from bottles cuz he won't latch on anymore
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:10 PM

BUMP!

.oOMellyOo.
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:13 PM

How are you taking it? You take 3 3times a day. You can also drink mothers milk tea. Just because your breast don't feel full doesn't mean that you aren't producing. You should count the number of wet diapers. (at least 6-8 is normal) Take the bottles away, you can use an SNS system its more work, but its worth it if you want to keep BFing. Drink lots of water and nurse nurse nurse.

Quoting aih522wps63:

I've tried feenugreek with no luck...and I think my son has had to much formula from bottles cuz he won't latch on anymore

elle7777
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Exclusively nurse and that should do it. If you must provide a bottle use pumped milk. Milk production works on supply and demand. The more that is demanded the more that is supplied.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)