Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you teach your DS that you wish your MIL would have taught your DH?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:58 AM
  • 86 Replies

To pick up after himself.  My DH leaves his crap all over the pace and then can't find it and I am suppose to know where it is!

To cook.  My DH does not know how to make anything if it's not from a box.

How to fix/put things together.  MY DH can not build anything.  I guess it was easier for them to do it then to show him how.

How to be sweet and make nice gestures.

The importance of family.  My DH's family is not very close.  With his siblings, parents, grandparents, etc.

That he is loved unconditionally and I will always be there for him.

(I'm sure there is a lot more but this is all I could think of)

Not bashing my DH or anything, I love him very much...These are just some things that I want my son to be able to do/know...

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Susan262
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:02 AM

To pick up after himself.  Put things back where he got them from, so we can find them again next time.

gfamilyof4
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:02 AM
Hmm...well mine is selfish bc they couldn't afford it, but I wish she had taught him the importance of family photos. Its torture to get them done now because he thinks its stupid..but they didn't have the money, so unlike my family, they only have one family portrait and its from after their divorce....so far we have 3, but I want more!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexa_112
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:06 AM
To not be so stingy.... I am not stingy at all but he is and so is his mom... I hate it!!
auntietotty
by Elizabeth on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Nothing really...my hubby is the most giving, selfless man I know...AND he's a gentleman. Wonderful work ethic, etc. So is my son.

My son is almost 25 and pretty much a clone of his dad. :P

They are both great cooks too! My hubby is a jack of all trades...so is my son. (he learned it from his dad!)

mommatbot
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:10 AM

I am teaching him:

That family time is important.

We sit down as a family to have dinner together.

That I will never leave him for selfish reasons, he will always be my priority and always have my heart.

How to cook.

Traditions are important and should be carried on.

That the clothes actually go in the hamper...not on the floor!!

That's just the few off the top of my head!

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:11 AM

How to avoid having skid marks in his drawers.

Kays_Mama06
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:11 AM

Im in a mood thanks to DH so im just going to say everything you said and then some.

theycallmehunny
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:11 AM

I hear you!!!  Family pictures are really important to me too.  I always get them done for the kids, we have yet to get one with all of us but soon.  My mom and his mom were terrible with pictures.  My walls are filled with pics.  I think maybe because it's a lot cheaper now to take pictures and get them done.  But my hubby agrees w me so I am kucky!

Quoting gfamilyof4:

Hmm...well mine is selfish bc they couldn't afford it, but I wish she had taught him the importance of family photos. Its torture to get them done now because he thinks its stupid..but they didn't have the money, so unlike my family, they only have one family portrait and its from after their divorce....so far we have 3, but I want more!!!

theycallmehunny
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:12 AM

LMAO!

Quoting laranadtony:

How to avoid having skid marks in his drawers.

Trinity0820
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:12 AM

To be a grown up, work, and take care of his family instead of playing online and video games

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)