Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting nervous =/

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:51 AM
  • 16 Replies

I start school August 26th and I'm getting worried.  How am I going to juggle four classes, my kids, cleaning, my husband?? 

I'm worried people will think I'm too stupid to be there or something. 
I'm no good around people, I can't stand eye contact and don't talk to much to avoid saying something completely ridiculous.  That doesn't win people over, they think I'm a snob or just weird.

I keep having dreams about showing up unprepared or failing miserably on simple assignments. 

I screwed up my first time around in college because I had 'better' things to do, now I have a second chance and failure is not an option. I'm really nervous.  I'm excited too, but the closer it gets the more my stomach starts flipping.

Anyone else going back to school? How are you feeling about it?

Join CBU today! Tell them Shelley sent you!

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OAmy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:54 AM

You can do it! Don't psych yourself out...you are already doubting yourself and that can be a self-fulfilling prophecy! It may not be easy, and you may have to make some changes to your routines, but when there is a will, there is a way. Good luck to you.

UxorQuodMatris
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:03 PM

It's just scary going back.

ksoshh2107
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:10 PM

because failure is not an option you will do fine. because there is no room for failure it will push you to do harder, honestly. im sure once you get into the swing of things and being stressed about it you'll have to figure out how to manage your time well. even if you have to right it down what you have time to do during your day, lol. goodluck with everything i am also starting school fulltime sept 7. and am VERY nervous and scared for alot of the same reasons!

greeneyedgrl88
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:10 PM
I'm kinda in the same boat, I'm scared to get started, I keep putting it off! My whole family keeps on my ass, I am scared of being a failure and being 31 in school! Grrr!

Oh and I don't even know what I want to go to school for!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UxorQuodMatris
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Neither do I lol.

Quoting greeneyedgrl88:

I'm kinda in the same boat, I'm scared to get started, I keep putting it off! My whole family keeps on my ass, I am scared of being a failure and being 31 in school! Grrr!

greeneyedgrl88
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:17 PM
So are you just going for your basics right now?

I hated school I never really went much.....sad I know and I have 2 brothers that are SMART, they piss me off lol!

Quoting UxorQuodMatris:

Neither do I lol.

Quoting greeneyedgrl88:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christyandalex2
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:17 PM

It is scary going back I went to college when my daughter was a month old, but you can do it.  Everything will fall into place you just have to believe in yourself, Im really awkward with people so I know what you mean lol but you will get through it I did Im sure you can too :)

nana143
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:18 PM

just breathegood luck

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Momma relax.You are having a case of the nerves. Everyone is your household will need to step it up.Delegate work to hubby and kids. Maybe do things like cook all day sunday for the week freeze and take out as needed. Scheduling and routine will help hugely if you can.

As for school go and every day make it your goal to look one new person in the eye and say hello. After a week it will be pretty easy to do.You want this now , you understand the difference and have matured momma ! Be Proud of yourself it ok to be nervous just dont let it overwhelm you. Deep breathes and relax momma Enjoy school !!

jojosmama1228
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:23 PM

well i just graduated high school. i spent the first semester pregnant and working everyday after school. the second semester i spent working caring for my baby and going to school. you'll get into a routine and it won't bother you. my advise, make sure you and your hubby get an hour or so alone together every night if possible. it helps to have time to wind down with the one you love.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)