Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have a Snuggie?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:53 AM
  • 23 Replies
Is it just me or does it drive you nuts that there are no buttons or velcro on the back to keep it shut. We have 3 of them because it gets cold in the winter here and I'm adding velcro to the back of mine before winter. When I got them I really thought they would have a way to keep them shut other than tying them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bibdybobdyboob
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:54 AM

If you're going to be sitting around doing nothing, they are fine.  But you are right that the lack of closure is annoying when you want to do something.

snugglesaurus
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:55 AM

You should have went with Slanket...

southernjess3
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:56 AM

they are backwards robes after all...lol

LollipopDreams
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:57 AM
Sometimes we have to sleep with them on it gets so cold. It's hard to sleep with a big knot on the back of your neck. When they show them on TV and the kids are playing around in them the backs are closed right up. I was ugly when I got them and the back was all open with no way to close it.

Quoting bibdybobdyboob:

If you're going to be sitting around doing nothing, they are fine.  But you are right that the lack of closure is annoying when you want to do something.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kayandjsmom
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:59 AM

lmao..my daughter wanted the kiddie one in pink for christmas.. so we got her one and it's huge, so she doesn't wear. I laugh at them because of the spoof commercials.. they are hilarious.. And they sort of look like you would be in a cult.

tazmidgiefairy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:59 AM
Sounds cool
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snugglesaurus
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:01 PM

You could sew velcro tabs on them though, couldn't you?
I don't think it would be too expensive or time consuming to fix. (:

Quoting LollipopDreams:

Sometimes we have to sleep with them on it gets so cold. It's hard to sleep with a big knot on the back of your neck. When they show them on TV and the kids are playing around in them the backs are closed right up. I was ugly when I got them and the back was all open with no way to close it.

Quoting bibdybobdyboob:

MamaPeanut
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:02 PM

I do, the pink one.  I sewed velcro on the back to it fits better.  And I hemmed the arms and in length. 

I should have just gotten myself a child sized one, I'm a small person, lol.

bibdybobdyboob
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:04 PM

I call mine the WTF blanket.  hee hee.

Quoting kayandjsmom:

lmao..my daughter wanted the kiddie one in pink for christmas.. so we got her one and it's huge, so she doesn't wear. I laugh at them because of the spoof commercials.. they are hilarious.. And they sort of look like you would be in a cult.

fallnangel93
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:05 PM

I have a pink one :) I love it! I don't mind that it doesn't shut in the back, it's not like I am getting up and walking with it on (even though I have done it a few times when I was lazy! lol)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)