Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what does TMZ stand for?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:55 AM
  • 10 Replies
So??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Makenseysmom
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:56 AM

TEN MILE ZONE

La-Belle-Vie
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:57 AM
Thirty Mile Zone

'TMZ' stands for "Thirty Mile Zone", a term which originated in the 1960s. Due to the growth of "on location" shoots, studios and various talent guilds established a "thirty mile zone" -- outside of which shooting is considered to be a location shoot -- requiring per diems and other travel and living expenses to be paid. The zone remains centered in Los Angeles around the old offices of The Association of Motion Pictures and Television Producers at Beverly and La Cienega Boulevards in California. It was often said that "Everything entertainment happens in the 'Thirty Mile Zone.'" So essentially, the "Thirty Mile Zone" represents the center of Hollywood.

Source(s):

-Kney-
by Courtney on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Thirty Mile Zone

'TMZ' stands for "Thirty Mile Zone", a term which originated in the 1960s. Due to the growth of "on location" shoots, studios and various talent guilds established a "thirty mile zone" -- outside of which shooting is considered to be a location shoot -- requiring per diems and other travel and living expenses to be paid. The zone remains centered in Los Angeles around the old offices of The Association of Motion Pictures and Television Producers at Beverly and La Cienega Boulevards in California. It was often said that "Everything entertainment happens in the 'Thirty Mile Zone.'" So essentially, the "Thirty Mile Zone" represents the center of Hollywood.

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TMZ.com

aeroslove
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:59 AM

Thirty Mile Zone- A term which originated in the 1930's. Due to the growth of "on location shoots, studios and various talent guilds established a thirty mile zone. Outside of which shooting is considered to be a location shoot.

allurasmamma

Quoting La-Belle-Vie:

Thirty Mile Zone

Source(s):

allurasmamma

I have watched that show many times. But here in PA we have a PMZ...lol.

aeroslove
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:00 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TMZ.com

JoshiRachelsMom

Too Many Zombies

Colleen86
Thanks! Just because I just finished watching TMZ and I was wondering what it meant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
La-Belle-Vie
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Quoting allurasmamma:

I have watched that show many times. But here in PA we have a PMZ...lol.

Really?  I live in Pa and have never heard of that, I will have to check it out :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)