Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any teachers out there?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:14 PM
  • 12 Replies
Ok so I am seriously contemplating going and getting a teaching degree. I am due in October with our second little boy and was thinking that sometime after that of going back to school. I was wondering if I could take online classes or if that is something I would actually have to attend classes for? And where do I start looking as far as grants and stuff?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IAMmomtotrips
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Most schools make you attend classes for teaching certifications.  You can take some of your basis on line, but when you get into the practical stuff, you have to be present. 

sassired8
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:42 PM
I was thinking that....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:30 PM

As for grants and such, talk to a financial advisor at whatever school you're interested in, and they can help you figure out what you qualify for. :)

Tatum2U
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:53 PM

idk but here is a bump =)

Sportbominable
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:57 PM

You need to take most of your courses at the university. Unless you already have a Bachelor's degree, you will need to attend a 4 year college which also involves student teaching and lots of it. Then you'll have to pass the Praxis exams. It is a lot of work. If you already have a Bachelor's degree, you may be eligible to eliminate some classes. Every state is different. There are deadlines for grants also. 

sassired8
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:22 PM
Thank you...That probably means I need to find a cheap babysitter or wait until they're both in school...

Quoting Sportbominable:

You need to take most of your courses at the university. Unless you already have a Bachelor's degree, you will need to attend a 4 year college which also involves student teaching and lots of it. Then you'll have to pass the Praxis exams. It is a lot of work. If you already have a Bachelor's degree, you may be eligible to eliminate some classes. Every state is different. There are deadlines for grants also. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassired8
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:50 PM
I'm not sure I even really know what to ask....

Quoting bamababe1975:

As for grants and such, talk to a financial advisor at whatever school you're interested in, and they can help you figure out what you qualify for. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
balow929
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:52 PM

I am in school to be a teacher and am taking online classes through Ashford University. the finance department helped me get funding I need.

sassired8
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 9:14 PM
So hopefully by middle of next month I will be a Phoenix! :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Newtons06
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 9:15 PM
My sister is a kindergarten teacher and did all if her school online.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)