Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am i a bad stepmom for thinking this way?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:53 PM
  • 43 Replies
my dh has an awesome lil boy. my 4 yr old ss. his name is christian. i have a awesome lil 4 yr old girl named nevaeh. n then of course there is our 7 month old girl becky.

christian just got permenant tubes in his ears a few months ago. if he goes near water he has to have wax in his ears so he doesnt get another ear infection. within the las monh or two hes already had 2 infections.... as long as u take the time to put wax in his ears this shouldnt happen.

nevaeh also has permanent tubes. she however has wax in her ears for bath, pool, everything. still hasnt had another infection.

becky hasnt even had one yet thank god.

when i hear christian has an ear infection again it pisses me off. all i can think is seriously? you must not be taking care of him the way you should. how more lazy can u get? i should also state hes still not fully potty trained n doesnt speak very well... am i wrong to think that ay?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:01 PM

No you are not wrong for thinking that way.  I am a stepmom too and we are having issues with our ss when he comes to visit with the way he acts.  I know he is a kid but come on that is not an excuse for some behavior.  He is 5 yrs old btw.   Being in your shoes, so to speak, I would be thinking the same thing.

We are probably both going to get bashed but I don't care.  You can't judge the way either of think until you have been in our shoes.

Click above to join in.  You too could win a trophy and have fun doing it.

myangelnevaeh
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:11 PM
well the worst to me is the fact my daughter has the same thing but bc i make sure she is cared for she hasnt had anymore. its rally not that hard!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mother_of_JGM

I would be pissed at your DH not the child, I would feel bad for the child, and try to make up for what daddy is lacking or bio mom. I have the same things happen with my step daughter only with different things, such as brushing her teeth and wearing clothes that dont have holes in them or that are boys or too small, or dirty etc, I have been in my SD life since she was four and she is 8 now and her mom ROYALLY PISSES ME OFF, I think my SD deserves WAY better!!!!! Or that she wants child support when she goes on vacation then my step daughter comes up saying her mom is too busy for her or to help her pick her outfits or have NICE outfits, or help her with a routine, she says she is always too busy, she mostly takes care of her little brother instead of being a kid

Amanda120486

i dont think ur wrong for thinking that way. but it may just be his ears too.. it maybe that she is taking care of him. i work at a daycare and there is one lil boy who constantly has them.. the mother is always takin him to the drs for it. she does a great job with her son and cant help his ears no matter what she does.  

but as far as not pt or speaking maybe the child has other issues? not diagnosed? im not sure.

or u can be exactly right and she doesnt work with him enough.if u talk to ur husband waht does he think? maybe he can talk to his ex

StarMommy06
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:12 PM

You're not wrong for thinking that way. Although every kid is different.

baileysmommy06
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:16 PM

i dont believe you are wrong just concerned. its a difficult situation to have a stepchild and have issues with the other parents lack of parenting. when you say something it just starts drama. My 9 year old SD is still sleeping and actively using pullups, i mean soaking them everynight. because my husbands ex wont take the time to wake her up so she wont wet the bed. its aggrivating, to try and break her of something on the 4 days we have her and then for his ex to totally screw it up! so i know where you are coming from, but i have yet to find a solution that works and doesnt cause drama :( good luck to you

crazynok
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:16 PM

nope.  Some women should not be allowed to breed.  The best thing my hubby's ex did was get her tubes tied.  We are having to deal with her mentally retarded kids - no pun here, they really are - because she didn't.  She never asks about them either.  The only child she wants to talk to is the one that doesn't have any probs other then normal teen stuff. 

D.Tetz
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Every kid is different... and from my understanding boys tend to be a little more difficult to potty train.... can the kids take the wax out themselves? I think you might be judging a little quick, but I'm not sure because I've never had to do this with my kids... wax and tubes.

D.Tetz
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

No you are not wrong for thinking that way.  I am a stepmom too and we are having issues with our ss when he comes to visit with the way he acts.  I know he is a kid but come on that is not an excuse for some behavior.  He is 5 yrs old btw.   Being in your shoes, so to speak, I would be thinking the same thing.

We are probably both going to get bashed but I don't care.  You can't judge the way either of think until you have been in our shoes.

Well in my shoes as a mother of a daughter who has a step I feel my child gets put on the side line because of her and hers... is that wrong of me to think this way? Mine is the youngest of their "bunch" and I feel like she gets the short stick because of this.

gfamilyof4
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:23 PM
No I'd be concerned too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)