Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sex and Romance, one with out the other?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:55 PM
  • 27 Replies

Ok so I am posting this because I want to know how many other men out there like my DH, so I tell him he would get it a lot more if he would ROMANCE me, you know light some candles run me a bath, talk sweet to me all day, rub my back,

so what does he do, he lights some candles rubs my back for 30 seconds then wants sex!!! Dont get me wrong he can be sweet and cares about pleasuring me but I often cant even get close to being in the mood if I dont feel intimate with him emotionally first, like making that "spark" all over again, but I dont think he gets it.

in love     toddler boy     baby boy

Bryan & Robin   Jack Gerard   William James
           8/16/08                      12/5/08                         3/26/10

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Solo_Fan
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:57 PM

I want it either way, but I dont live with my S/O

momof3inTN
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:58 PM

I feel your pain. My husband at least used to "try" and get me in the mood/right frame of mind. But lately... not so much. Makes me want to say "thanks but no thanks" before he can even get started. I wish men would realize we can't go from 0-60 in 10 seconds or less like they can. LOL

mother_of_JGM
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:00 PM

even he knows that men are microwaves and women are crock pots but he still wants to just jump right in and not do any of the work that leads up to sex.

SGJsmom
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:01 PM

I think it is nice occasionally, but I want him no-matter what. We go at it like on the Discovery Channel...lol He is the only person I have ever been with that has made me feel this way. I can just glance at him at times and think I want some that right now...lol

HelloKitty1225
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Men do not have the emotional need for "romance" the way women do.  The general saying is...men use love for sex...women use sex for love.  The only thing you can do is compromise.  You light some candles and take a relaxing bath...then he can give you a message.  You're going to have to spell it out though.  Say...I want a full body massage for 5 minutes...or whatever.  Having open talk about what you need as forplay and what turns you on is key.  But honestly...while forplay is a must (IMO) you're not always going to get "romance".

krista778
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:03 PM

My SO has never been romantic, ever. I don't have a problem with him not whispering sweet nothings or lighting candles, I'm not the romantic sort. Foreplay works just fine for us without the other :-)

Amanda120486
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:04 PM

haha mine is the same way dont feel bad.. some men have it.. some men dont..

momof3inTN
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Quoting mother_of_JGM:

even he knows that men are microwaves and women are crock pots but he still wants to just jump right in and not do any of the work that leads up to sex.

I love that! Can I use it? LOL That is so true!

bethgoedeken
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:06 PM

I'm not a big romance fan...seriously, if I came upstairs and there were candles and roses I'd feel all akward and probably laugh....I just like to have sex in general. Sorry, I wish I could help more!

sarasloveable
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:08 PM
Well put thats how we are here too!

Quoting SGJsmom:

I think it is nice occasionally, but I want him no-matter what. We go at it like on the Discovery Channel...lol He is the only person I have ever been with that has made me feel this way. I can just glance at him at times and think I want some that right now...lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)