Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can someone tell me what the movie the shining is about?!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:03 PM
  • 11 Replies

my boyfriend and i want to watch a scary movie i was told that was scary but the preview is like tells you nothing im gonna post it here so you see what i mean lol... so anyone please can you tell me what the movie is about

here is the preview.... its like what the hell lol

iam a 19 year old stay at home, spoiling my daughter every second i

get, cooking and cleaning, boo boo kissing,afternoon nap taking, fiance to dijun, proud beautiful mommy to a boss baby princess

named genesis a'nye and loving every minute of it :-)

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MarchMarie
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:05 PM

a family moves to an old hotel on the off season so Dad can be the caretaker and get some writing done.

The hotel is haunted

Daddy goes crazy

It is super scary (to me, but then again, Im a wuss)

raegansmom
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:06 PM
Redrum
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krista778
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:06 PM

A family moves to a remote hotel for the winter to be caretakers, the dad goes crazy and they have to deal with violent "ghosts". Its Stephen King so its going to be scary. Depending on which one you watch, the one with Jack Nicholson is scarier IMO but the newer one fallows the book better. They are both really good :-)

SGJsmom
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:07 PM

LOL!! I love Jack Nicholson. He is creepy enough all on his own.

Quoting raegansmom:

Redrum

MarchMarie
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Quoting krista778:

A family moves to a remote hotel for the winter to be caretakers, the dad goes crazy and they have to deal with violent "ghosts". Its Stephen King so its going to be scary. Depending on which one you watch, the one with Jack Nicholson is scarier IMO but the newer one fallows the book better. They are both really good :-)

yessah...

southern_momof2
Yes its scary!! I worked nights in a hotel once and I would always get creeped out while looking down the long empty hall because of that movie!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1andonlysarissa

thanks! all i wanted in a nutshell lol finally because these previews and even online told me nothing! plus id rather hear it from someone who watched it before

koolest_mom_of4
by Gold Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:10 PM

redrum

Allebas
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:12 PM

My dad took my mom and I to see this movie WAYYYY BACK when I was like 10 or 11-years-old!!! I LOVED IT!!!!! I have ALWAYS LOVED scary movies and CANNOT STAND the mooshy gushy lovey dovey movies!! BLAH! My mom told me I would "LOVE" Sleepless in Seattle!!" GAG!! I LITERALLY fell ASLEEP on my DH's chest in the movie theatre, and I NEVER fall asleep in movies unless they are TRULY STUPID/and/or BORRRRRING!!!

Anyway, the others have explained the basic storyline above. I believe Jack Nicholson won an Academy Award for his character in this movie--NOT positive on that though--IF he didn't, he REALLY SHOULD HAVE!!! He TRULY makes you BELIEVE he is NUTS!!!! It is REALLY a GOOD MOVIE!!!

savedbygrace316
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:13 PM

My sister stayed at the hotel the book is based on and where the movie was shot.  She said it really was haunted (then again she was like 15 at the time so I'm sure that helped her see things LOL).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)