Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kids are allowed to listen to songs about sex and drugs...

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:14 PM
  • 243 Replies

Not mine, but I know people who play certain kinds of music in front of their kids about sex, drugs, killing people, or something to that nature.
I used to listen to M&M but ended up having to take all those songs off my mp3 player because my daughter was repeating. My son never did, but still its not appropriate IMO for kids to hear that stuff.
I have a song "I hate everyone" that I listened to bu stopped because my daughter started singing it.

I do listen to some songs as long as its not too bad and sencored and the kids cant understand it, but its mild compared to what some people listen to.
What about you? Do you think its ok for kids to listen to ICP, M&M, a lot of the new rappers out there talking about drugs, sex, and killing ppl?

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cheribomb
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:16 PM

his name is Eminem...     we let my 13 yr dd listen to some of his songs but not the REALLY graffic ones.    we have talked to our daughter about his lyrics. 

--Nicole--
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Sorry, but I have to laugh @ M&M

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown Click for more info!

echoishername
by Misty on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:18 PM

My dd is 4 and I do not censor what I listen to around her. And I listen to some really explicit music. She will/has learned that just because some one else says it doesn't mean she can...

SnoBuny
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:18 PM

M&M?? or eminem?

PradaBaby
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:18 PM

My children listen to what I listen to. They also know that it is just music and that some songs shouldn't be repeated etc. And it's not just rappers talking about drugs and killing people!

Je_Jette_Poo
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:18 PM

I don't listen to ICP, Eminem, or much rap. I do listen to a lot of old punk and oi though and I don't care if my son hears it or not

SnoBuny
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:19 PM

oh and yes we censor at what we feel is age appropriate.

_Bamaborn_
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:19 PM

My son is soon to be 7.  We dont listen to it... so he doesnt listen to it.. If he ever gets to wanting to listen to it.. we will have a discussion.  My stepson listens to that god awful mess called slipknott and other deafening trash like that... I hate that.. I will throw a radio out if my son ever wants to listen to that mess.

Jaysmommy2118
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:20 PM
My 2 year old loves lady gaga and taylor swift and eminem..imo it just music and really she likes the beets not the words
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Idiosyncratic
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:21 PM

it depends on how "classic" the song is...

If it's a song they need to know about because of the awesomeness they can listen to it but not just rap songs about nothing but ass..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)