Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What the hell is wrong with this?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:40 PM
  • 14 Replies

Really, WHY can't I make new friends?  I am so tired of being a loner? My husband and i can not seem to make friends that we both like or that are social.  How do couples make new friends and socialize ...... with kids.  ANYONE KNOW?

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VJennyLynnS
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:41 PM

I have no clue.. If you find out let me know. Gah! I hate being a loner. =(

TygerLily62
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Why not try just making friends for yourself? I really don't like very many of my dh's friends, but I have a lot of my own. Find some people to be around for you and stop worrying about creating a social network for your family.

bellasmom_01
I'm in the same boat so I hope you get some good advice I can use too. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PTBAAMom

It seems harder the older I get.

Familyof3
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:43 PM

sorry i have no advice, hubby and i are in the same situation lol its hard to make friends when you are in your 20's and 30's lol

coreyandkaylee
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:44 PM

I have no clue... I have the same issue.  I live in a very small neighborhood and I spend time with them.  Other than that I have noone.   I have lived here only 2 years and all my close friends are in my hometown.

lilyrose73
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:44 PM

DH and I are going through the same thing.  2 years ago we moved away from all of our friends and family and have yet to really make any new friends.  DH has a few friends from Grad school that live where we do but they aren't married with kids... it sucks, because I miss our old friends and feel a ping of jealousy when I know they are all getting together and I wish we were there too :(  Where do you live?

MamaCarterof5
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:45 PM

We started a Dayton Moms playgroup in 2007 on here and I have met literally DOZENS of women in real life that are now real life friends.

Cafemom is a good place to just take the dive and find people who live nearby who may be interested in meeting up at a local park or something. It helps to have kids the same age... then over time you find people who you can really connect to. Don't worry Mama, it will happen :-) Do you go to Church at all or any of your town events? I always am finding new people there too. Then I typically friend them on facebook, where we all get glimpses into each others everyday lives... we begin to realize how REAL other people are and by the time we hang out, we are comfortable enough with each other to not worry about "oh, what if they don't like us... OH, what if they are extremists."LOL you get the picture.

butterflymomss
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:45 PM

It's the same way with us although DH doesnt want friends. He likes being a loner lol. I hate it though so if you find out let me know

klynn80
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Most of my husband's friends are from his unit (or were in his unit), and then friends of friends get added into it.  We host a lot of bbqs during the summer, sometimes people come once and get absorbed into our little social bubble, sometimes they come once and never again. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)