Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you read to your kid(s)? w/poll

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:49 PM
  • 26 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you read to your kid(s)?

Options:

Yes, and I have higher eduation

Yes, and I do not have higher education

No, and I have higher education

No, and I do not have higher education

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 40

View Results

High education meaning anything above high school (community college, university, trade school, etc)

Doesn't matter if you read to them for fun or just part of the bedtime routine because you feel like you should or whatever.

Reason I'm curious:

Through converstation I discovered that a family friend has never read to her daughter (now 4). She's a very well educated (BA, MS, and PhD) as is her husband, I do know she was read to every day growing up since I'm extremely close with her mom (she's like my 2nd mom). I was shocked, none of my business but I couldn't image not reading to DS (2). I've read to him since he was in the hospital.

(No of course I didn't say anything to her. It's none of my business, I'm just curious to the results of the poll.)

Yes we CAN and Yes we DID!!!!

Photobucket

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SAMNMAYASMOM
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:51 PM

I am currently in college, and yes, I do read to them. Not every night, but nonetheless.

Bekah062205
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:52 PM
Can't vote, I'm on mobile. But yes I read to dd and have a higher education. Dd loves to read herself too and pretend read to her "kids" (babydolls) and she is only 3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rhyne
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:52 PM
Can't vote since I'm on my phone, but I read to both kids and only have a high school education. My mom never read to me she was always too busy, but my nanny did. My dad did read to me, he was a hair stylist who owned a chain of salons but always made time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maybaby08
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:53 PM

That's great! We all do the best we can :)

Quoting SAMNMAYASMOM:

I am currently in college, and yes, I do read to them. Not every night, but nonetheless.

Yes we CAN and Yes we DID!!!!

Photobucket

veganmommy04
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:54 PM
Mobile. But yes I read to my ds at least once a day. I graduated high school. And am a licensed tattoo artist and body piercer. No college though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audriesmommy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:56 PM

We read several books a day and at least 3 to 4 books before bed.  I have a Bachelors and am an avid reader.  My girls are 5 and 16 months and both love books.

CarterMommy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:56 PM

i got my bachelors this year

i read to my boys but i don't do it as much as i should. i read a LOT to my oldest but it's gotten harder with each kid and they all want different books and pull them out of my hands lol makes me nuts

anyways, we do try to read at LEAST one book a day

Pregnancy Ticker

carter210
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:57 PM

I am in college and I read to my son. He also loves to "read". One of his favorite places to go is the library.

MommyToEthan
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:57 PM

yes, i read to my son - he's going to be 4 in october.

we read for about 30 mins or so before he goes to bed.   sometimes we can get in 10 books or it could be 4 books.....it just depends on what he picks out.

some of the books we have read so many times that he has them memorized.    there have been times during the day i've seen him looking at his books and he's "reading" them! (because he's got them memorized....not word for word, but pretty close.)

Do you have a BOY??   If so, come join us at RAISING BOYS!  It's a great group for mothers of boys of any age!  Hope to see you there!!   http://www.cafemom.com/group/336/

TessB
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM

No, my boys read to me : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)